Technical Trainer - Nationals at International Energy Services Limited
International Energy Services Limited (IESL), established in 1990, is a specialist, multidisciplinary, energy services company that provides integrated, client-focused and cost-effective services in the oil and gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Trainer - Nationals
Job Code: IESL23016
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Purpose / Objective
- To develop and maintain competent operators and supervisors for the continuous safe and professional operation of the plant in an efficient manner to meet the business delivery plan.
- These positions develop operators, including supervisors, through coaching and mentoring in the Assessment and Progression (A&P) skill acquisition and retention process and maintains the competencies of senior operations personnel through scheduled refresher schemes.
- Develop, maintain and implement a comprehensive Operations Technical Competence and Development and Assurance curriculum across the entire hierarchy of Operations department based on the A&P scheme to ensure that operations staff can be progressed based on learnt and experience-based competencies commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Coordinate with the HRL team to deliver Modules trainings for the new Operators and Technicians, covering the design, process description, control and safeguarding narratives of Train 7 Plant project scope and existing facilities, to enhance personnel competence in the execution of their day to actvities.
- Retrieve relevant information from manuals, design information, and vendor documentation to provide the needed Training materials and deliver fit for purpose the training as per schedule
- Work with the EPC Contractor and third-party Vendors to deliver the plan Training as per approved plan and schedule. Monitor and record training effectiveness and progress.
- Implement a refresher program based on the A&P scheme and on contemporary developments and lessons learnt in the plant and in industry, to refresh and maintain the professional competencies of senior operations personnel including ship operations leadership.
- Supervise competency-based progression through the Assessment and Progression (A&P) Schemes for Operators to ensure clear understanding of the daily routine/non-routine operation/commissioning and start-up of the plant to meet minimum staff competence required to operate the plant.
- Develop and train all plant Operators to become competent in Gas testing and liquefaction as Authorized Gas Safety Tester (AGST) and to be proficient in the process equipment preparation under the permit to work system.
- Develop and coordinate computer-based training and toolbox talks presentations as part of the management of change (MOC) process, learning from incidents (LFI), and any other improvement initiatives on plant assets for all Operators to meet the situation awareness philosophy.
- Perform Competence Assurance testing on Panel and Field Operators on the use of monitoring and control tools to adequately respond to process upsets and emergencies in order to avoid production losses.
- Develop and implement specific training packages (ESP, AMS) for all Operations teams in line with the Operations Reliability tools and proactive monitoring techniques in the field and console to mitigate errors due to human factors.
- Review and assess performance of the A&P Schemes to fully encompass technical and operational changes from LFI, MOC against Competency Framework Profiles. Support.
- HND or a University Degree in Engineering / Science discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in LNG Plant Operations, Commissioning and Start up with at least 5 years’ experience at senior level.
- 5-year experience as a Trainer/Job Instructor
- Experience with Management of Change process, Operations Integrity / Process Safety Management Processes.
- Experience in providing CSU related design input and working in an EPC or a plant environment considered an advantage
- Working experience on part of, or the entire, ORP Project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front-line Oil and Gas production operations is desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st September, 2023.