Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Vacancy Announcement at Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Ondo State - August 2019
Vacancy Announcement at Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Ondo State - August 2019
Aug 5, 2019, 11:10 AM
Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Ondo State, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the positions below: Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian Location: Ondo The Post
- The Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and reports to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Library
- He/She is the Administrative Head of the Library.
- Formulating overall Library policy, personal contacts and liaison with other departments
- Preparation of the Library budget
- Responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Libraries of the institution.
- Candidate must be a serving Deputy Librarian or its equivalent with good Honors Degree and Master's Degree in Library Science/Library and Information Science
- The applicant must have good scholarly publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Candidate must be proficient in Information Technology; in particular, Library Management Software (LMS) and automation
- He/she must possess excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication, organizational and planning skills
- Must be registered with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree in Library Science / Library and Information Science will be an added advantage
- He/She should have at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience, preferably in a tertiary institution or other related establishments
- The Polytechnic Librarians basic salary is in line with the tertiary institution as Salary Structure of CONPCASS 9/CONSOLIDATED, including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing Council of the institution.
- The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of four (4) years and no more.
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and Secretary to the Governing Council, the Academic Board and other Statutory Committees as well as any Sub-Committee that may be put in place
- The Registrar is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic except financial matters.
- Possess a good Bachelor's Degree (minimum of Second Class Lower Division) in the Arts, Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognised Institution of Higher Learning with at least 15 years cognate experience or a Master Degree plus at least 14 years cognate experience or a Doctorate Degree plus at least 13 years cognate experience in Institutions of higher learning.
- Be a registered member of a recognised relevant professional body
- Have occupied the position of a Deputy Registrar for a period of not less than five(5) years in an institution of higher learning preferably in a Polytechnic
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health with evidence from a Government Hospital.
- The Registrar must be a person of proven integrity
- He/She must be intellectually and professionally sound and knowledgeable in the miss and regulations of the Polytechnic system
- He/She must be versed in the Public Service Rules and be computer literate
- He/she must be able to assist the Chief Executive, the Polytechnic Governing Council and the Academic Board in formulating sound academic and administrative policies.
- The Registrar's basic salary is in line with the Tertiary Institutions Structure of CONTEDISS 15/CONSOLIDATED, including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing Council of the institution.
- The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and renewable subject to satisfactory performance, for another term of four (4) years and no more.
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council
- In addition to proven Management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavours and must also be credible.
- Must hold a Master's Degree, OR a Doctorate Degree from a recognised institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic (viz; Science, Technology, Commerce and Management) with a minimum of fifteen years teaching experience, at least five (5) years of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic Sector with not less than five (5) years experience on the rank.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethical, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest
- Must be morally sound be of good character and free from financial embarrassment
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a Government hospital)
- Must be proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and renewable subject to satisfactory performance, for another term of four (4) years and no more
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by Ondo State Government.
- Full Names of Applicant
- Post Sought
- Marital Status
- Numbers of Children
- Date and Place of Birth
- Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Background with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions (if any) with Dates (include photocopies)
- Working Experience
- Present Employment, Status and Salary
- Extra-Curriculum Activities
- List of Publications with Details such as title, publishers of such journals, dates and pages (where applicable)
- Names and addresses of three referees
- Active GSM Number(s) and e-mail address.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts