Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Vacancy at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited for a Transport Quality Controller
Vacancy at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited for a Transport Quality Controller
Jan 17, 2019, 8:57 PM
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. We are recruiting to fill the below position: Job Title: Transport Quality Controller Location: Lagos Island, Lagos Job Category: Oil & Gas Job Type: Full-Time Job Shift: Day Activities
- Ensure proper inspection before acceptance from vendors of all vehicles (company-owned and leased)
- Inspect all vehicles (company owned and leased) after visiting a workshop for repair and document the report of such.
- Ensure that only suitable vehicles in good condition are deployed for service. Co-plan with the Head of Transport, the maintenance and scheduling to ensure availability of vehicles and vehicle accessories for effective operation.
- Report to the scene of any motor vehicle incident and prepare preliminary incident report and notification in Synergy reporting tool.
- Participate in motor vehicle incident investigation and prepare detailed reports of incident investigation.
- Follow up all preventive/corrective actions of Road Transport Accident(s) to closure.
- Ensure that the HSE requirements contained in the Land Transport Management System are complied with.
- Manage the operation of inter-state movements in compliance with company’s HSE and statutory requirement.
- Liaise with HSE to promptly report, investigate and document all accident cases
- Ensure that drivers are well motivated and trained on defensive driving techniques to meet the Service challenges as a team.
- Check on a monthly and regularly basis, all leased/company-owned vehicles to ensure serviceability/conformity to company HSE standards.
- Ensure that all operators have the required license for the type of vehicle being operated.
- Evaluate and keep records/report of vehicle maintenance and servicing.
- Develop and maintain standardized vehicle specifications that meet all operational requirements.
- Carryout quarterly inspection/audit of operational vehicles in the fleet.
- Report any hazard, accident and damage or defect in order that remedial action may be undertaken.
- Actively participate in the transportation risk assessment process.
- Keep details of all maintenance Services done on all TEPNG and leased vehicles.
- Ensure monthly download of DIMS and compile the reports.
- Suggest ways of improving drivers’ professionalism and vehicle quality.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environment regulations and policies relating to Transport.
- Facilitate the monthly operational drivers’ safety forum.
- Facilitate weekly drivers’ education/awareness (for all logistics and security drivers).
- Carryout maintenance system audit of vehicle service providers.
- Participate in the pre-qualification assessment of vendors for driving monitors installation.
- Carries out any other duties/projects that may be assigned to him/her by the Hierarchy.
- Gender: Does Not Matter
- Degree Title: Mechanical Engineering or HND Equivalent
- Maximum Experience: 5 Year ( Experience in automobile mechanics)
- Career Level: Entry Level.
- Age: 25 Years - 25 Years
- Maximum Education: University
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts