Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Building and Construction > Latest Job Vacancies at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
Latest Job Vacancies at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
May 3, 2018, 3:49 PM
Proportion Construction & Dredge Works Nigeria Limited is in the business of construction built on a foundation of hard work and dedication specializing in General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, Consulting and Concrete. We diversify our strategy to span from Agency, Real Estate Development, Road/Rail and Bridge Construction to Dredging but we do so with a higher purpose. We are recruiting to fill the position below:Job Title: Weighbridge Operator Location: Kaduna Qualifications
- Candidates should possess a minimum of OND qualification.
- Must be a computer literate and possess at least two years experience in the quarry industry.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, preferably in a Civil/Geology or related field
- 5 – 10 years practical experience on Laboratory and Field test.
- Planning and managing the laboratory and its staff;
- Assisting in the laboratory helping with advanced and new testing methods;
- Resolving problems - especially with unusual soil and aggregate samples, and special concrete mix designs;
- Attend planning and site meetings when special construction material related matters are discussed;
- Visit sites on a regular basis
- Must be capable and suitable for being trained for higher responsibilities
- Must be reporting to the Project site engineer/site agent on day to day activities
- Must have wide range of experience including aspects of testing, design and quality control of construction materials.
- Should be able to offer advice to project site engineer, clients and civil engineers on construction materials and their application, both in meetings and on construction sites.
- Will be responsible for testing (Asphalt, Concrete and Soil samples) and ensuring the quality of raw materials.
- Must be able to operate the CBR machine, automatic sieve analysis machines, compression strength machines, etc.
- Conduct the testing on concrete, soil and asphalt materials;
- Go out to site to obtain samples and carry out tests on samples;
- Write reports and provide feedback to Management;
- Ability to work under pressure with less supervision
- Must be an excellent team player
- Willingness to learn
- Must be practically oriented with hands-on approach and commitment to work,
- Proficient in the use of software for materials & samples analysis.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com using the job title as subject of the e-mail.
Note: Multiple applications from the same applicant will not be condoned.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts