Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Retail / Sales > Vacant Job at School Kits Limited for an Administrative Manager
Vacant Job at School Kits Limited for an Administrative Manager
Mar 5, 2019, 9:27 PM
School Kits Limited is a leading professional school outfitting firm and a one-stop shop for a wide range of requirements for students from pre-school age through the secondary (High) school age. We are passionate about providing value to schools and parents hence we strive to deliver quality, flexibility and affordability on school supplies. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Administrative Manager Location: Lagos Job Details
- Overseeing and Supervision of essential services i.e. Security, Cleaning, Maintenance, etc.
- Ensuring that Company facility in all locations are well maintained.
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations
- Supervise and Check that agreed work by contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and resolve issues promptly
- Coordinate the Company fleet
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Managing demands such as repairs servicing and replacement of equipment /assets
- Overseeing the facilities maintenance of all outlets and offices, purchase of furniture
- Monitoring office supplies through the Admin Assistant and ensuring availability and proper management of same
- Fire safety equipment installation and maintenance
- Overseeing general housekeeping across locations and liaison with cleaning company
- Managing office projects to include, acquisition of new stores and offices, setting up the office or store/shop and liaise with consultants/ architects carrying out renovations
- Vendor management across all areas (electrical, plumbing, wood works etc.)
- Ensuring prompt payment of rents, service charge and liaising with agents and landlords where applicable
- Overseeing the coordination of logistics and movement of inventories across all outlets and office locations
- Ensuring optimal use of all available vehicles and motorcycles
- Coordinating the entire logistics team to include the logistics manager and the drivers ensuring team work and minimal friction
- Liaising with the warehouse manager to ensure that logistics is catered for and there are no gaps with deliveries
- Ensuring timely maintenance / servicing of all company vehicles to include insurance renewals and licenses
- Advising management on any logistics issues as promptly as they arise
- Making recommendations to management on logistics strategy and buying decisions as it relates to vehicles and motorcycles.
- Coordinating the entire administrative arm of the business. This includes Security and Housekeeping. Liaising with our security vendors and monitoring the guards in all outlets
- Making scheduled visits to the shops and other locations within and outside Lagos to assess any needs as per facility maintenance.
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Manager (5-6 years)
- Solid knowledge of office procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Able to perform clerical duties, maintaining files and confidential information, organizing documents as needed
- Ability to make sound judgement calls and Attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation skills and good market knowledge
- Excellent Customer service
- Organization, time management, prioritizing and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the company
- Proficient computer skills, including Office management software and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must
- Between 30-35 years of age.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts