Vacant Job For Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- International Medical Corps (IMC) in Nigeria is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator - who will lead the all Monitoring and Evaluation activities for IMC Nigeria.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, under the direct supervision of the Country Director, is expected to provide leadership and guidance to the country office's efforts in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning but also supports the M&E team in the operational offices in Borno and Kano.
- This position will be located in the Maiduguri office of Borno State.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, will provide leadership and technical oversight for the overall M&E including: baseline, midterm and endline surveys, results measurement and evaluation, Post Distribution Monitoring, utilization and review of the Community based feedback and response mechanism while advancing evidence-based practice that will contribute to program quality improvement, reporting and lessons learned.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator is responsible for insuring data quality at all levels through frequent checks including site visits, review of data entry, and documentation review.
- This position is key to leading the program team in managing information/data and leading evidence-based practices through improved knowledge capture and dissemination of lessons learned.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator reports to the Country Director concerning all responsibilities as specified below
- S/he will provide technical training and on-the-job mentoring for program and M&E staff to ensure proper and timely reporting.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for the provision of quality data for reporting to donors, HQ, and project development
- S/he will work with the program staff, M&E officers, and the technical unit of IMC HQ to develop M&E approaches and tools in-line with donor requirements and ensuring the highest quality standards are established and adhered to throughout the project cycle.
- To perform this job successfully, the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator must be committed to his/her essential function, which is technical leadership for project monitoring, evaluation and learning;
- In coordination with the program team, HQ Technical Unit, and the M&E focal points in the operational sites, the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator designs each project's M&E framework, procedures and operating plans according to donor's requirement/ format;
- Conduct periodic review and manage the M&E Information System with the M&E focal points and be responsible for generating periodic reports for all areas as per the IMC Headquarters and donor requirements, including monthly, quarterly, semi annual and annual reports;
- Develop workplans with staff to ensure required reports are submitted in a timely manner allowing sufficient opportunity for review and feedback from all levels:
- Establish and maintain feedback mechanisms for M&E results with all stakeholders to identify and share lessons learned and encourage data use for decision making at all levels;
- Lead efforts to ensure quality data is used for decision-making;
- Build the capacity of staff through training, mentoring, coaching, and providing support for effective implementation of the M&E systems, including information gathering, periodic reflection and analysis of program monitoring, data follow-up, and post implementation monitoring within the Mission;
- Implement and train on program monitoring tools (e.g. PMP, indicator tracking tables, etc.) and provide follow-up mentoring and on-the-job training;
- Test and implement appropriate and flexible reporting structures and data collection mechanisms;
- Coordinate and lead rapid and comprehensive assessments, including but not limited to annual project performance reviews, with prompt analysis and dissemination among stakeholders;
- Coordinate sector areas within IMC, local partners and with hired consultants, to support integrated, comprehensive program evaluations and learning reviews where appropriate;
- Develop knowledge management and learning plan as part of the M&E system, and lead on the development of case studies and other learning products.
- Implement effective M&E systems and procedures to ensure project quality assurance and consistency across the country mission in consultation with the HQ Technical Unit and IMC Nigeria senior management;
- Design, implement, review and modify as necessary workable and comprehensive M&E tools for the monitoring of core IMC project activities within the program;
- Oversee the systematic and continuous data collection, entry and analysis on the progress of activities over time and monitor results in terms of timeliness, quality, and accuracy in line with the logical framework approaches, best practice and project documents;
- Provide technical support to other M&E staff at International Medical Corps and project partners/sib-grantees in the planning and monitoring of ongoing projects as well as the development of systematic regular and structured M&E exercises such as evaluations, reviews, and lessons learned workshops;
- Compile various periodic internal reports for smooth and timely implementation and accomplishment of planned project activities;
- Identify and share “success stories” though review of monthly field reports and staff interviews during site visits and data quality assessments;
Essential Skills and Experience
- Engage with relevant networks, clusters, and technical working groups to present and share results and best practices on program learning thus promoting a positive organizational image;
- Coordinate inputs from program M&E focal points in collaboration with International Medical Corps HQ Communication’s Department for quantitative and qualitative updates for website and other International Medical Corps publications.
- Actively promote accountability standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps;
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence;
- Compliance & Ethics: Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps' and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
How To Apply
- Masters level or Higher degree in Social Science, Statistics, International Development; experience or background in Epidemiology, Public Health, Health Information Management, bio statistics or a related discipline is preferred;
- Experience in database design and other tools for information management;
- Competent in MS Excel, word processing, Power Point and experience using statistical software EPI-Info, SPSS and STATA are a plus;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- At least four years of applied experience with a humanitarian organization designing, implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation tasks;
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and building staff capacity within complex programming;
- Demonstrated experience designing logical frameworks and results based frameworks and associated performance monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Experience with M&E approaches for potential donors such as USAID, ECHO, DFID
- Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection including survey design, implementation and analysis; experience with various survey and rapid assessment approaches;
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to the "Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps" via: [email protected]
15th June, 2018.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.