Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Professional Bodies / Associations > Vacant Job For Registrar at the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria
Vacant Job For Registrar at the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria
Sep 24, 2018, 12:15 PM
The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) was established by decree No. 55 of 1970 which was later amended by decree No. 27 of 1992 and now Engineering (Registration) Act CAP E 11 of 2004. Applications are invited for the position below: Job Title: Registrar Location: Abuja Duties
- The job of the Registrar is a full-time duty and is the on the spot Chief Administrative Officer and shall be answerable through the President of Council to the Council.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the requisite professional and administrative advice to the Council and leadership of the staff of the Secretariat laid down by the Act and the Council in the achievement of the objectives of COREN.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 25 years post qualification cognate experience relevant to the engineering profession.
- The age of the candidate must not be more than 60 years at the point of his first appointment.
- The candidate should possess a Bachelors degree in Engineering and should have been registered with COREN in any of the engineering disciplines that COREN regulates.
- The candidate should be a corporate member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers,
- The following other qualifications will be an added advantage:
- Higher Engineering degrees such as Masters, Ph.D, etc
- Degrees and professional qualifications in Accounting, Law, Business Administration and Management
- Membership of Professional Management/Administration or Bodies
- Computer proficiency.
- Fellowship of the Nigerian of Engineers.
- The appointment is for a period of three (3) years in the first instance;
- Very attractive salary which is not below that of any similar regulatory Council or that of a Professor in the University.
- All other entitlements are as obtained in the Federal Public Service.
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Date and Place of Birth
- Current Postal Address, E-mail Address and Phone number.
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence
- Present employment status and salary
- Extra Curricular activities
- Publications if any
- Names and Addresses of three referees
- Date available to assume duties if appointed.
- Any other relevant information
- Candidates are required to ask their referees to send confidential report on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
- Applicants will be required to provide original of their credentials at the interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts