Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > Vacant Job For TA Programme Assistant at United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Vacant Job For TA Programme Assistant at United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Apr 26, 2018, 6:40 PM
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: TA Programme Assistant (HACT), GS-5 Job Number: 512528 Location: Abuja Work Type: Temporary Appointment Purpose of Assignment
- The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does in programs, in advocacy and in operations. UNICEF has adopted the Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT) as an approach for obtaining assurance that results have been achieved in line with resource utilization
- It aims at managing risk related to cash transfers made to implementing partners in support of programme implementation, reducing partner transaction costs and allowing progressive use of national systems for management and accountability of results and resources.
- The HACT Assistant reports to the Programme Specialist-HACT for close guidance and supervision
- The HACT provides operational and administrative assistance throughout the programme cycle through the application of theoretical and administrative skills in collecting, collating, analysing, updating and distributing HACT related data and information to facilitate the integration of HACT plans in all programming activities and to ensure the application of Â HACT and related organizational rules, regulations and procedures in the CO.
- Support to HACT planning during the programming process
- Support to implementation of HACT activities
- Support to review and monitor performance of HACT activities indicators
- Conduct spot checks and simplified check list assessments for IPs
- Networking and inter-agency partnership
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Support to HACT planning during the programming process:
- Provide support in discussions, collection, analysis, verification and synthesis of HACT related information/documentation to gain good knowledge of HACT and programme planning and implementation.
- Provide support in the preparation of HACT related materials/documentation to ensure incorporation of HACT in the country programming process.
- Provide support in and assist with the preparation and regular updating of CO micro assessment and assurance plans.
- Together with the HACT team colleagues, undertake spot checks of implementing partners to gain knowledge and experience.
- Provide administrative support to external service providers in the execution of HACT activities to ensure timely and efficient delivery of results.
- Assist with maintenance of records of relevant HACT related documentation and uploading the same on SharePoint in a timely manner for use by programme staff
- Conduct simplified checklist assessments for implementing partners receiving less than $100,000 per/year
- Support in identify IPs that are ready for spot check and ensure Spot checks are conducted as per the HACT plan
- Support in identify the number of programme monitoring visits for each IP as per the HACT guidelines & share with programme Chiefs/CFOs
- Updated the HACT plan with conducted spot checks and programme monitoring visits monthly and share summaries of indicators with the Programme Specialist HACT
- Ensure the spot check tracker is updated monthly and shared with CFO/programme staff for follow up actions
- Support in monitor whether activities are taking place as per the assurance plan and support in analysis of issues on the trackers that require management attention.
- Assist programme sections to determine appropriate follow-up actions to issues and recommendations identified in spot checks and scheduled audit.
- Assist with recording and update of risk ratings of implementing partners in VISION through regular review of the Vendor Master and provision of information to relevant colleagues in the field office.
- Share with Heads of relevant programme sections related HACT reports, especially reports of assurance activities, to ensure the reports are dispatched to the IPs for implementation of recommendations.
- Provide support in the review of micro assessment, spot check and audit reports of implementing partners to ensure quality of reports from consultants and auditors.
- Provide support in the review of micro assessment, spot check and audit reports of implementing partners to identify high priority issues that need follow-up and common weaknesses in financial and procurement management and identify for capacity buiding.
- Ensure that the HACT reports have been dispatched to the implementing partners in a timely manner by following up with the programme sections
- Exchange information and/or operational support to implementing partners, UN system partners and other stakeholders in the CO on the implementation of HACT to reinforce UN/CO harmonization and coordination.
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of HACT information and knowledge to facilitate/build their capacity for implementing HACT.
- Provide support in the HACT Network meetings/events to facilitate and promote sharing of information, knowledge, experiences and best practice and enhance coordination of activities in line with the UNICEF HACT Procedure.
- Interact regularly with other field offices and the Country office on HACT.
- Provide support in the HACT training for implementing partners in the field office and other FOs as per the HACT training plan
- Provide support in the planning and implementation of capacity development for implementing partners
- Provide support in the design and implementation of HACT training for UNICEF staff to ensure that staff has knowledge and skills to fulfil their responsibilities related to HACT.
- The effective support provided by the HACT Assistant to the careful planning and effective implementation of the assurance activities directly impact on programme execution and delivery of sustainable results that also promote national ownership and accountability for responsible financial management of programme resources.
- Completion of Secondary Education, preferably supplemented by technical university education in Business Administration, Financial Management, Auditing, or other relevant field is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in financial management, accounting, quality assurance, audit, programme/project support
- Previous experience on HACT is an added advantage.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Planning and Organizing
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is a must. Knowledge of the local language of the field office is an asset.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts