Water Quality Assistant at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Water Quality Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes - WASH
Experience Level: Entry Level
Reporting To: Groundwater Surveillance WASH PM
Proposed Start Date: November 2021
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Water Quality Assistant - WASH who will conduct the pre and post water quality testing for all project boreholes, assist in training and building the capacity on water quality to establish and implement water quality surveillance system and to communicate and report on WASH technical and WQA activities.
- Ensure perfect installation and functionality of chlorine dosing pump under the project.
- In collaboration with the LGA WASH unit, continue sensitizing community on importance of water quality monitoring and treatment.
- Assist in preparing training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for stakeholders with emphasis on water quality monitoring.
- Develop a comprehensive database for recording all WQA result with corresponding source and date.
- Conduct presentation and workshop for WASH stakeholders on findings.
- Develop detail plan for water quality surveillance in different LGAs with WASH stakeholders.
- Conduct weekly/monthly physical, chemical and biological WQ test for selected water sources to follow the trend.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Animal Husbandry, Agribusiness, Soil Science, Crop Protection and Management, Agronomy or a related field, or a Degree in any other Field but with a Masters Degree in Food Security & livelihoods related field of study;
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Previous experience of work in the humanitarian sector.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger.
- Previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- 2 years relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (Excel, Power Point, Word).
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N183,056 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Application Deadline 1st November, 2021.