Youth Engagement Assistant at American University of Nigeria
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Youth Engagement Assistant
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Report to (Supervisor): Program Officers
Slot: 2 Positions
- This position is a local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The Youth Engagement Assistant will support the development and leading of youth activities. The intent of this position is to represent the voice and needs of beneficiary youths.
- H/she will support for young people to facilitate their involvement in the planning and development of a system of care model, and to promote positive youth leadership.
- In collaboration with the project team, support the program team to determine the most appropriate route for advisory recruitment including identification of potential beneficiary youth.
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance, and acquisition of relevant documentation, files, and records, ensuring rigorous protection of beneficiary information.
- Assist in the development and distribution of educational and informational materials to increase the awareness of the beneficiary youths and host community.
- Support in ensuring youth-driven activities occurs to increase engagement in the system of care development.
- Ensure consistent, close relationships with other youth-serving community agencies and organizations.
- Attend local project meetings and training, as needed, to promote the Circles of Care program.
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the Project Director.
- Bachelor's Degree in Conflict Management, Social Sciences, Public or Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Previous work experience with an INGO is a plus.
- Computer skills, especially office packages and outlook.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and local Hausa Language (required).
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in conflict and community engagement programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Submit their resumes, cover letters, and references on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: email@example.com using the position being applied for as the subject of the email.
Click here for more Information
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng
Application Deadline 15th October, 2021.