Zonal Finance Officers at the National AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and STIs Control Programme (Federal Ministry of Health)
The National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control and Hepatitis Programme (NASCP) is a division of the Department of Public Health, in the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMH).
The concept of NASCP and its mandate is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of the Nigeria government policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures for the prevention of new HIV infections as well as improve on the existing treatment, care and support for those persons already infected and affected by the virus in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Zonal Finance Officers (6 positions)
Location: Six geo political zones
The Zonal Finance officers’ position are responsible for assisting the States in each of the six zones with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of SASCP against fraud, loss or misuse. They will reside in the various zones they are working. They ensure that any money expended in the states are done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, NASCP’s policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
They will assist the SASCP accounting department in carrying out the following tasks in the states making up the zones they work:
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Properly code all transactions
- Control and enter all expenses from the petty cash
- Process payments of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare and control advances.
- Assure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into the NASCP account
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into Quickbooks/ Navision accounting software
- Maintain accounting files
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control
- Create all financial reports as requested by supervisor
- Preparation and filing of forms for payments of taxes and social security
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize NASCP’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that entries are entered into financial system accurately and timely.
- Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately and in compliance with NASCP policies and procedures.
- Process travel advances to staff, assuring proper documentation and timely clearing of all advances.
- Estimate upcoming cash needs and accrue expenditures as appropriate.
- Ensure that all costs have adequate prior authorization and approval.
- Ensure audit compliance utilizing principles of audit and performance.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and required reports.
- First degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance
- ICAN/ACCA/ANAN certification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in grant management of donor funds.
- Skilled in computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to operate Zoom, and data management systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with diverse people.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure, including in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in working with QBs and Navision accounting software is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in grant management of donor funds
They will assist the states in the six zones in carrying out the following deliverables:
- Timely monthly bank reconciliation and financial reports
- Budget tracking
- Tax tracking
- Contract tracking
- Aging analysis
- Monthly FAR update and insurance of assets
- Timely funds request
- Adherence and compliance to donor guidelines and GON policies.
Contracting & Accountability:
- The officer will be accountable to the Head Finance and Accounts
- S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th December, 2023.