Warehouse Supervisor Job Description
Job Descriptions > Manufacturing, Transport and Logistics > Warehouse Supervisor
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Warehouse Supervisor? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Warehouse Supervisor? What does a Warehouse Supervisor do?
Job Description of a Warehouse Supervisor
Warehouse Supervisors oversee and coordinate daily warehouse activities such as receiving and storing goods, managing inventory levels, ensuring the efficient delivery of goods, supervising staff, and securing the warehouse.
Warehouse Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Warehouse Supervisor job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
- Coordinating and maintaining fleets and equipment.
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
- Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
Warehouse Supervisor Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Warehouse Supervisor job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in business, management, logistics or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience as a warehouse supervisor or a similar management position.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry software.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse operations and management.
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Warehouse Supervisor starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Warehouse Supervisor job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Warehouse Supervisor may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Warehouse Supervisor Job Description