MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part
of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is
instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand
that we are
able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by
continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and
MTN is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Revenue Reports Analyst (x2)
- To ensure accurate and prompt reporting of Revenue and Cost of Sales.
- Generate all relevant analyses and related month-end info required for management reporting.
- Rapid growth and expansion of MTNN operations.
- MTN Revenue, processes, policies and procedures.
- Rapid increase in both volume and value of transactions.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- International Accounting Standard (IAS).
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Local Tax Regulations.
- CBN regulations and guidelines.
- NCC, Ministry of Industries, NOTAP and other relevant regulatory bodies’ regulations and guidelines.
- Cross-functional intra and inter-departmental cooperation/interface for business and systems process development.
- Dynamic global telecommunications industry.
- Constant changes in technologies.
- MTN Nigeria business plan.
- Least cost operator initiative.
- Increasingly competitive market place.
- Evolving macro-economic environment both local and international.
- Liaise with technical support company in resolving system problems with the Billing systems.
- Cross-functional interface for resolution of revenue reconciliation issues with IS division.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on
optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value
creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and
recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative,
capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review
and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural
changes within the Unit etc.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new
business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new
business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation,
business model innovation etc.
- Carry out process analysis, requirement gathering and
reviewing/developing test scripts for UAT purposes to ensure data
integrity for reporting Revenue streams.
- Review Billing reports of the prior month to ensure which data to reprocess and escalate unsolved cases to RA.
- To review and analyze Non-Financial info (to be able to prepare reports needed) for support and checking financial information.
- Confront network toll ticket files and traffic anomalies and
escalate to network group and information systems for prompt resolution
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing
stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This
includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions,
involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro
environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement
in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational
performance and drive people management activities by being the
principal coach for your direct reports using the people management
framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as
mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support
recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Ensure efficient optimisation of databases/systems and prompt resolution of all reconciling items.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators in order to meet all month end reporting deadlines.
- Review changes to system configuration including GL set-up data
and basic accounting information, in order to guarantee data integrity
for Revenue reporting.
- Run and analyze different queries for Revenue analysis.
- To ensure integrity of data being used for revenue reporting.
- Taking ownership of revenue cycle related modules on ERP.
- Provide reports from Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and other source system to support revenue accountant activities.
- To conduct monthly data reconciliation between different data
source system and follow the material difference till it’s solved if
Experience & Training
- First Degree in Computer, IT or related area of study
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA) will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in an IS environment.
- Experience in telecommunications industry is desirable
- Minimum experience in Accounting is also desirable.
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Practical knowledge of Computer Programming especially DB, Data warehouse, Business Intelligent
- Proficiency in basic office software’s
- Proficiency in working with ERP systems.
- Proficiency in data mining software
- Trend analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge of high volume data analysis
- Understanding the billing and accounting system sources, structure of tables and ERP System
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th August, 2016.