The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Supervisor
Location: Baga, Borno
Line Manager: Human Resources Co-ordinator
- The HR Supervisor closely working with the Human Resources Manager will support the Operations to manage, develop and administer policies and programs covering several but not limited to the following: recruitment, salary administration, training, employee relations, and benefits.
- H/She will work closely with the Human Resources Manager to develop plans and strategies to meet organizational requirements and ensure the program policies and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Additionally, H/She will be responsible for recording and updating the training, motivation, and evaluation of employees to meet ALIMA Nigeria’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Update the payroll database regularly throughout the month, ensuring that all additions, deletions and changes are recorded completely and accurately and that supporting documentation is filed.
- Submit the payroll database to the HR Manager on monthly basis.
- Ensure that all payroll supporting documentation is received from all the base and filed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that signed time sheets and pay slips are received, tracked and filed correctly for all staff.
- Support the HR Manager on pension and salary account Number, ensuring that the necessary administrative follow up is done.
- Liaise with logistics to share information as required – movement planning, etc.
- Provide administrative support to HR Manager.
- Ensure consistency in the filing system of project’s HR Documents (Electonics and hard Copy).
- Coordinate with the HR manager for induction for all new staff.
- Support the HR team in various administrative tasks
- General clerical duties including photocopying and mailing
- Retrieve documents from filing system
- Prepare documents including correspondence, services notes, memos and emails
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters and forms
- Ensure proper contract administration for all staff
- Ensure that contracts and contract amendments are processed in a timely manner, communicated, and documented properly and updated from HOMER.
- Ensure that administrative processes for employee separations are followed properly, and that necessary documentation and information is recorded for the processing of end of contracts
- Oversee the processing of the monthly payroll
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary human resource issues and best practices.
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and ability to understand and interpret legislative and policy issues.
- Must be familiar with participatory approach to developing HR Processes and Systems.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Use of HOMERE Software is an Asset.
- First Degree in Law, Business Administration or Social Sciences. A Master’s Degree in Administration / Human Resources and or a professional HR certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in Administration/Human resource management, preferably in an International Organization.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Respect the importance of confidentiality, as you will be dealing with employees’ personal details
- Must possess the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Must be fair and objective in handling situations related to employee relations
- Good planning, monitoring and organizing skills and experience
- Results-oriented and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills as well as good judgment and vision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership ability,
- Diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and Calmness under pressure
Contract term: contract under Nigerian law, 6 months’ renewable.
Salary: LEVEL 6
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with the reference “HR Supervisor – Askira-Uba” in the subject line.
Application Deadline 30th January, 2019.