Afrihood is poised to give every African a taste of luxury, excellence and modern living style. We are unapologetic about our stands that every human regardless of class and financial profile is a royalty and deserves a habitation that speaks dignity, quality and absolute comfort. This value is the root from which all our operation stems.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Architectural Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
- Ability to design, plan, and supervise the construction of buildings with responsibility for its safety, usefulness, and aesthetics.
- Ability to design structures that satisfy clients’ needs while conforming to the laws and regulations of Nigeria.
- Ability to create preliminary sketches of building structures including inside appearance, using computer-assisted design and drafting (CADD) software.
- Ability to prepare more detailed plans showing all building components including internal and external services using computer-assisted design and drafting (CADD) software.
- Ability to oversee and approve construction works as it progresses.
- Extensive knowledge of design and construction coupled with the creative ability.
- Plan the layout of projects.
- Ability to prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, colour, and equipment estimated costs and construction time.
- Consult with Client to determine functional and spatial requirements of structure.
- Direct activities of engineers and junior architects engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
- Knowledge and ability to work with International standards
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Skilled in 3D Design and Animation.
- Experience in supervision under FIDIC or comparable works contracts
- Supervising finishing works, such as POP, Lighting, Fittings, Walls, painting, tiling, partitioning. etc.
- Specific experience with Residential & Commercial Building projects.
- Experience with Master planning.
- Experience with sustainable design and proven technology solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of materials
- Minimum of 3 years experience. Masters Degree in Architectural discipline, knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD 3D, etc. The role requires frequent interaction with different levels of professionals and stakeholders on a high profile project, therefore the candidate must have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Member of the Architect Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON) will be an added advantage.
- Possess initiative to see all assignments and projects through to completion.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good listener with great attention to details.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Must be creative.
Job Title: Legal Manager
- Afrihood is in search of a vibrant, meticulous and self governed legal practitioner to serve as her Legal/Admin Manager
- Be conversant with Nigeria’s real estate industry and its laws.
- Be able to swiftly draft documents and agreements as required for every case or deal.
- Be able to identify good and bad real estate deals from research and advise company and company’s client on such deals.
- Represent the Company at all levels especially on legal, statutory and customer relations matters.
Job Title: Civil Engineering Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
- Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, facilities and estates.
- Plan and design building structures following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Direct responsibility for construction operations, and building maintenance of structures at project site.
- Participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Participate in the development of work programme for housing projects to enhance its viability analysis
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labour to determine project feasibility.
- Participate in the process of testing soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to industrial and managerial personnel.
- Conduct studies of traffic patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess the potential impact of projects.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors.
- Resolving design and development problems.
- Ensuring the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety.
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects.
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
Qualification/ Person Specification
- At least a B.Eng/HND in Civil Engineering or any related course
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the Real Estate/construction industry
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Highly creative with ability to think out-of-box
- Current on industry standards and best practices
- Ability to work under pressure.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent follow through, ability to pay attention to details and organisational skills.
- High level of professionalism and multitasking.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good leadership and team building skills.
- Strategic thinking, forecasting and planning skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should write to: email@example.com Discussing who you are, what you’ve been up to, and what you can achieve working with Afrihood with the the job title as the subject eg: “Architectural Manager Application”
Note: Do not send your CV
Application Deadline 6th May, 2019.