Greensprings School is an international co-educational services limited comprising of Creche, Preschool, Elementary, Secondary and International Baccalaureate School.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Special Education Needs Teacher
Job Responsibility (But not limited to the following):
- Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each student’s abilities
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers and administrators
- Supervise and mentor teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities
- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student
Qualification, Skills and Abilities
- Participating in CPD (Continuous Professional Development)
- Maintaining a good relationship with all stake holders in the school community viz. students, teachers, parents and non-teaching staff
- Reporting to the school Principal
- Strong speaking and listening skills
- Strong motivational skills
- B.Ed Special Education, Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3years cognate experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft package
- Ensuring high standards of discipline and work ethics
- Versatile and Sensitive
Essential Values, Behaviors and Attitudes
Teachers are expected to actively promote and demonstrate the five core values of the school:
- Child Centredness
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 6th March, 2020.
- The school expects all staff members to uphold themselves in a manner that inspires and encourages outstanding behavior within the student body.
- The school reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the school.
- In some circumstances, the job holder may be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities of a similar post in order to support workload peaks and skill shortages to ensure priorities are met.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted