Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of an IT Consultant? What are the duties and responsibilities of an IT Consultant? What does an IT Consultant do?As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal IT Consultant starts with crafting a good job description. Use this IT Consultant job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of an IT Consultant may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
IT Consultant Job Description
Job Descriptions > Information Technology > IT Consultant
This IT Consultant job description template includes the list of most important IT Consultant duties and responsibilities. It can be modified to fit the specific IT Consultant profile you're trying to fill as a recruiter or job seeker.
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of an IT Consultant? What are the duties and responsibilities of an IT Consultant? What does an IT Consultant do?
Job Description of an IT ConsultantIT Consultants are external analysts who evaluate a company's IT systems to help them meet their business objectives. Their primary duties include analyzing and diagnosing a company's IT infrastructure, understanding a client's business needs and designing and implementing a technology solution.
IT Consultant Duties and ResponsibilitiesIT Consultant job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Understand customer requirements and business objectives
- Provide strategic advice on using technology to achieve goals
- Train users in new and existing IT systems
- Provide assistance with technical issues
- Revise existing systems and suggest improvements
- Manage IT initiatives and collaborate with in-house technical staff
- Design IT systems and networks ensuring the right architecture and functionality
- Support new technology implementation
- Produce reports
IT Consultant Requirements / Skills / QualificationsIT Consultant job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- B.Sc/BA in computer science, IT or relevant field;
- M.Sc/MBA in business will be a plus
- Professional certification (e.g. CompTIA A+) is an asset
- Proven experience as IT Consultant
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Customer service orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware,software and network problems
- Experience with various operating systems and databases
- Experience in project management
Similar to IT Consultant Job Description