Bursar at Aminu Saleh College of Education, Azare
The Aminu Saleh College of Education, Azare is a state government higher education institution located in Azare, Bauchi State, Nigeria. It is affiliated to University of Maiduguri for its degree programmes. The Aminu Saleh College of Education was established in 1977. It was established as Advanced Teachers’ College.
The Governing Council of the Aminu Saleh College of Education, Azare Bauchi State, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the College and shall be responsible to the Provost for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the College.
Candidates for the post of Bursar must possess the following requirements:
- A good honours Degree, HND or its equivalent in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 21 years cognate experience plus full registration with a recognized Professional Accounting body and must possess relevant Master's Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years of cognate experience, possession of Doctorate Degree is an added advantage.
- Candidates for this post must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous mandatory Professional Development course is required.
- Successful candidate must not be above the age of fifty-nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
- The conditions of service are as contained in the 2015 revised conditions of service for Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
- Candidate appointed will be entitled to all officially approved benefits attached to the office of the Bursar.
- At the end of tenure he/she shall be entitled to a Sabbatical Leave and other benefits as specified in the College Conditions of Service.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications in soft copy "read only" compact disks, two (2 Nos) using MS Word Package and Fifteen (15) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status and Number of Children
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Telephone Number(s) and e-mail Address(es) 5. Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates 7. Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence 10. Present Employer, Status and Salary
- Evidence of Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked "Application for the Posts of Bursar" on the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Aminu Saleh College of Education,
P.M. B. 044, Klm-3 Potiskum - Maiduguri Road,
Azare, Bauchi State.
- Referees: Candidates are required to ask their three (3) referees to forward Confidential Reports on them to the address mentioned above before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 20th January, 2023.