Bursar at Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Lapai, where "Learning for Service" is our watch word. Our departments, research centers and units help to foster the intense interdisciplinary approach that shall inspire much of the anticipated outstanding research achievement of the University and make IBBUL a leader in so many fields of human endeavour, both locally and internationally. Our focus is on students, teachers and researchers. We believe it is important that our students realise the full significance of critical thinking and creativity. It is an approach especially suited to confronting many of the hugely complex challenges that face us all today.
The Governing Council of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapal, hereby invites suitably qualified and interested individuals to fill the position below which will be vacant by 31st December, 2022:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates must possess the following:
- A good honours Degree in Accounting.
- A professional certificate such as ICAN/ANAN/ACCA.
- Candidates must not be below the rank of Deputy Bursar for at least three (3) years, Candidates must be proficient in ICT and have the capacity to deploy it at the level required for effective and efficientjob performance.
- Possession of relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least fifteen (15) years cognate working experience in a Tertiary Institution, preferably in a recognized University.
- Candidate must not be more than sixcy (60) years at the time of application and should also be of sound health.
- The applicant should be a good manager of human resourcesand a team player.
- He/she must be of fair judgment pleasant disposition and proven integrity.
- The position requires a personwith good leadership qualities and public relations.
Tenure and Condition of Service
- The appointment for the post of Bursar will be for a single term of five (5) years only.
- The remuneration and condition of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar in Nigerian Public Universities and as may be determined by the Council and the Government from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty five (25) copies of Application Letter, Credentials and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the following information:
- Full name-Surname first
- Marital status
- Number of Children, including the age of each child
- Date and place of birth, Local Government Area, State of Origin and Nationality
- Current postal address, GSM number(s) and email address
- Educational qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic and Professional bodies/Associations
- Work experience, status and salary level
- Names, address and GSM number(s) of three referees one of whom must be the present employer
Applications and photocopies of relevant Credentials must be attached under confidencial cover in an envelope sealed and marked "POST OF BURSAR", IBB University, Lapai and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University,
PM.B. 11, KM 3, Minna Road, Lapai,
Niger State, Nigeria.
- Applicants are required to submit 25 copies of not more than two pages statement of their vision for the Bursary Departments of the University
- Applications and Referees reports should be submitted not later than the closing date. Late submission will not be processed
- Referees Candidates are advised to request each of their referees to forward reports on them under confidential cover to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, IBB University, Lapai.
- Candidates are to note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- For further information, Candidates are advised to visit our website www.ibbu.edu.ng
Application Deadline 26th July, 2022.