College Librarian at Nwafor Orizu College Of Education
Nwafor Orizu College Of Education is your gateway to quality and functional learning for today’s world. Our institution has grown from a modest background to one known for its outstanding teaching standards. This institution was founded in 1976 as a college of education. Since inception, it has grown to accomodate a lot more courses and disciplines.
We realize we are a fountain of knowledge just as we believe that knowledge is power. Power to lead, power to invent and power to liberate. Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Nsugbe, Anambra State is named after Prince Abyssinia Akweke Nwafor Orizu (1915 – 1999), Nigeria’s second Senate President from November 16, 1960 to January 15, 1966, during the Nigerian First Republic.
The Governing Council of the College wishes to appoint a suitable and qualified candidate to occupy the position below in accordance with the provisions of the College Edict No. 19 of 1982:
Job Title: College Librarian
- The College Librarian is the Chief Librarian of the College and shall he responsible to the provost for the day-to-day administration and control of the Library operations and services in the College.
The College Librarian:
- Administers the College Library System.
- Coordinates the Library Services in the College.
- Prepares Library Budgets
- Performs any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Implements the College Library Policy
- Creates and maintains liaison with schools and departments of the College regarding library matters.
Candidate for the post of College Librarian should possess the following qualifications:
- A Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS) from a recognized institution of higher learning together with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience, plus full registration with a recognized Professional Library Science Association; or
- A good University Degree not below Second Class Lower, plus Post Graduate qualification in Library Studies with eighteen (18) years cognate experience;
- Must have at least fifteen (15) publications in widely circulated and relevant journals of Library Science,
- Must have been a Deputy Librarian in a College of Education.
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Must not be more than 60 years as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Must show evidence of a continuous mandatory professional development.
Tenure of Appointment
- Appointment of the candidate is for an initial period of three (3) years in the first instance and may be eligible for reappointment for a second term of three (3) years subject to satisfactory performance.
Conditions of Service
- Candidate will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions of service for Staff of Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe and according to other conditions which may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council of the College in consultation with the National Commission for Colleges of Education.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit fifteen (15) typewritten copies of their Applications (including Credentials and Curriculum Vitae) providing the following:
- Full Name with surname underlined
- Marital Status and Next-of-kin
- Number and Ages of Children
- Telephone Number
- E-mail Address
- Date of Birth / Evidence of date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications / Distinctions Obtained with Dates
- Membership of Professional Association / Bodies
- Work Experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employee status and salary (Copy of letter of last promotion)
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Name and Addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom must be the present employer) who are to forward confidential reports on the applicant directly to the Provost
- Signature and Date
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of their credentials if invited for interview.
Applications should be enclosed in a sealed envelope marked “Post of College Librarian” on the top left hand corner, addressed and sent to:
Nwafor Orizu College of Education,
Nsugbe, Anambra State.
Note: Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 22nd March, 2022.