Director of Consultancy at Umaru Musa Yar'adua University
Umaru Musa Yar'adua University, Katsina was established by the Katsina State Law No 7 of 2006 as amended by Law No. 2 of 2009. Umaru Musa Yar’adua University aspires to be one of the best Universities in Nigeria with an established reputation for high quality teaching and research and innovative learning delivery techniques and to be in full harmony with its host community as the formulator of its hopes and aspirations and the promoter of its core cultural and spiritual values.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Consultancy
- Umar Musa Yaradua University hereby announces the vacant position of Director, Consultancy of the University Directorate of Consultancy Services and invites interested and qualified candidates to submit application.
The Director Consultancy is a Management Staff and responsible to the Vice Chancellor for:
- The day to day maintenance, planning development and management of the University Directorate of Consultancy Services
- Providing leadership through supervision, monitoring and coordinating of all activities of the Directorate
- Advising the University Management on the appropriate business and services policies that would positively boost the University internally generated revenue
- Guide the University Management on the ability and use of the University facilities for consultancy
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor;and
- Provide professional and community services
Candidate for this post shall:
- Exhibit the ability to bea team leader, has dear mentorship skills and plans
- Should not be older than sixty (60) years of age upon appointment and should be within the sixty-five (65) years retirement age at the expiration of his/her tenure
- Enjoy strong physical and mental health
- Possess personal integrity demonstrate transparency in private and public life, be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff students and other members of the University Community
- Possession of any relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration / Management obtained from a recognized institution with a minimum of 2nd Cass Lower Division plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption
- Be a full member of any recognized Professional Business Management or investment body
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience, five years of which shall be in top Management position, preferably Deputy Director's level in a public tertiary Institution
- Be able to demonstrate ability to formulate and implement business/investment policies and produce manual of Business investment procedures;
- Be computer literate with working knowledge of relevant business investment packages
- Show demonstrable evidence of consummate business investment management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The Director Consultancy shall hold office for a term of four 4 years on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Director of Consultancy in Nigerian Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Governing Council of the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit ten (10) copies of their application, curriculum vitae (CV) and photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Age of Children
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Email and Telephone numbers
- Degrees (including date/dass and institutions) and/or any other qualifications and distinctions (Photocopies of Certificates to be attached)
- Statement of Experience Including full Details of former and Present Posts
- Other Activities Outside Current Employment
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
- Any Other Relevant information
Candidate should also state in dear terms in not more than 500 words, his/her vision for the University in the next four (4) years with particular reference to management control and innovations of its Directorate of Consultancy Services
In addition to stating the names and addresses of three (3) referees, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf direct to the address below.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelope marked "Post of Director Consultancy, UMYU" and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
2- Floor, Engr. Musa Daji Abdullahi Senate Building,
Umaru Musa Yar'adua University, Katsina.
P.M.B, 2218, Tafawa Balewa Road,
Katsina State, Nigeria.
Applications are to be submitted with evidence of payment of non-refundable processing fees of the sum of Thirty thousand (N30,000.00) Naira only into the University Account with details as follows:
Account Number: 2008746355
Account Name: UMYU IGR Account
Bank: First bank Nigeria Plc
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The University Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary, and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired results.
- This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.
Application Deadline 4th July, 2022.