Director of Works & Services at Federal University Lokoja
The Federal University Lokoja (FUL) was established in February 2011 and is located in Lokoja, Kogi State, North-Central Nigeria, about 160 Kilometers from Abuja the Nation’s Capital. It is a conventional University that is striving to excel in both Academic and Research activities in order to compete favourably with other Universities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works & Services (CONTISS 15)
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- The Director of Works & Services as a senior management officer of the University is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day physical/infrastructural facilities management and maintenance in the University.
- He/She is responsible for the supervision and ensuring quality standards/maintenance and servicing of physical structures in the University.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be in good health, be ICT compliant and must not be older than sixty (60) years at the time of assumption of duty.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should possess a minimum of good B.Sc Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical / Electronics Engineering or any other relevant Degree from a recognized institution with a minimum of 2 Class Lower Division plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or evidence of Exemption.
- The Candidate must possess professionally recognized Certificate with current practicng license as well as not less than nine (9) years post qualification Engineering Experience.
- In addition, the Candidates must be a Deputy Director or equivalent in a recognized University, Tertiary Institution or equivalent and has at least five (5) years of relevant experience in a senior management position, preferably in a University.
- The Candidate must be registered with Council for the Regulation of Engineering (COREN) or Architecture Regulation Council of Nigeria (ARCON) or Quantity Surveying Regulation Board of Nigeria (QSRBN) or Council for Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON), and must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant packages.
Tenure and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only
- Salary and other conditions of service including privileges and entitlements shall be as approved for Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies each of Application Letter and comprehensive Personality Profile attaching copies of relevant Credential under confidential cover in a sealed envelope and indicate post applied for on the top right hand corner and addressed to:
Federal University Lokoja,
P.M.B. 1154, Lokoja,
Kogi State, Nigeria.
- Candidates are advised to request three (3) of their Referees to forward confidential report on them to the address above.
- All applications and Referees’ reports should be submitted not later than the closing date. Those who had applied based on our previous advertisement need not re-apply
Application Deadline 2nd February, 2022.