Finance Officer at COCIN Community Development Program Molai
COCIN Community Development Program Molai alongside Christoffel Blindenmission (CBM) Country Office Nigeria entered into a funding arrangement with the CBM Germany
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job type: Contract
- Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will assist the Field Office to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial and accounting records and will have primary responsibility for managing the monthly accounting cycle and the routine daily accounting tasks and payments.
- The Finance Officer will assist in reviewing and analysing records, reports, and management practices to ensure adequate internal controls are in place to mitigate risks in compliance with laws, regulations, donor requirements and COCIN policies and procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist the Finance Manager to enhance the efficiency of the existing control system and ensure any identified compliance gaps are corrected;
- Enter transactions into the accounting software accurately;
- Submit accurate and timely financial reports to Coordinating Office in Maiduguri on a weekly and monthly basis and follow up with other departments for any corrective actions required;
- Ensure document safeguarding and proper archiving;
- Prepare Voucher Reconciliation Activities Reports on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time;
- Ensure the accuracy of all navigator recorded transactions by following navigator entry procedures and by referencing coding against standard chart of accounts and coded budgets;
- Prepare and reconcile the banks and cash accounts;
- Ensure compliance with GAAPs standard accounting practices;
- Daily print out of payment vouchers for onward attachment to supporting documents by the archivist;
- Ensure proper archiving of all documents;
- Give maximum support towards successful month and year end process;
- Always imbibe the culture of audit readiness;
- Make sure all taxes (PAYE, withholding taxes, VAT and other taxes) are withheld and paid accordingly;
- Assist in the training of support and program staff on Finance related matters and give any financial operational support needed;
- Any other duties assign by the supervisor or designee.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- A University Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent is required;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office Packages, particularly Excel;
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- 2 - 5 years of finance and accounting experience in developmental and humanitarian sector is preferred.
- Computer skills including the use of QuickBooks and or Sage;
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
N150,000 - N200,000 / Month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and detailed CV that includes the names and email addresses of three traceable references in one document to the recruiting team via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Submit your application to the Coordinating office at:
COCIN Community Development Programme Molai,
KM8, Along Biu – Damboad Road,
Molai-Maiduguri, Borno State.
- We will be shortlisting as we receive applications. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- COCIN does not charge application fees or processing fees to potential applicants or any fee throughout the recruitment process.
- We welcome as a part of our staff both genders as well as people living with disabilities who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- COCIN processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: By applying for this job, the candidate understands and acknowledges that COCIN requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect. Further, s/he understands that if successful, s/he will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate the candidate’s behaviours related to safeguarding-related topics.
Application Deadline 13th December, 2023.