Graduate Statistical Consulting Intern at Dataville Research LLC
Dataville Research LLC is a consortium of global development professionals and public policy think-tank with head office in Abuja, Nigeria and field offices in Jos, Lagos, Maiduguri, Nairobi, Johannesburg and New Delhi. Our research tackles the complex and persistent challenges of poverty and development for underserved populations delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from relatively stable societies to challenging political space.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Job Title: Statistical Consulting Intern
- Statistical consulting is the most challenging and most rewarding part of statistics. A consultant uses the art and science of statistics to solve a practical problem
- Good consulting requires a strong technical background in statistics, good people skills, and for many, a good business sense
- In addition, modern statistical consulting often involves distance relationships with clients and distance technology.
- This remote statistical internship programme will help you develop skills that cover the whole range of the steps in the statistical consulting process: communication and managing client sessions, applying appropriate statistical techniques, interpreting results and communicating the findings in clear, non-mathematical terms
- The hands-on exercises consist of real-life datasets from industry, healthcare and government
- Therefore, it serves as a model for your analysis in this programme.
- Interns will work on broad statistical areas focused around industry, government and academia and a number of themes in international development.
- Conduct research design, instrument development, data analysis, interpretation and reporting of results.
- Review and summarize statistical methods in academic and industry journals.
- Contribute to our Statistical Consulting Center's activities and IDR research fellowship.
- Apply statistical thinking and methods to public policy issues.
- A Bachelor's or Graduate Degree in a field related to Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Epidemiology, Public Health, or Mathematics with good academic standing. Degrees in Theoretical Physics, Engineering and other fields that deliver high-level training in mathematical modeling and other advanced quantitative techniques may also be eligible.
- Must have good written and oral communications skills in English.
- Must have good organizational skills, problem-solving abilities, time management skills, initiative, flexibility, and ability to work on several assignments simultaneously.
- Must have solid working knowledge of Microsoft tools and software.
- Programming and data analysis skills are desirable.
- Non-quantitative candidates with strong interest and passion for data analysis and machine learning may apply to this programme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th December, 2020.