Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Herald Agribusiness College Vacancy for a School Administrator
Herald Agribusiness College Vacancy for a School Administrator
Jan 8, 2019, 8:33 PM
Herald Agribusiness College is a premier Innovation Enterprise Institution in Akwa Ibom State that trains entrepreneurs and provide quality man power in the Agribusiness sub-sector in Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: School Administrator Location: Akwa Ibom Job Type: Full time Job Summary Our school is highly interested in hiring an experienced School Administrator committed to helping both our school and our students to reach their full potential. You will manage college operations and provide strong leadership to our instructors and students. Your leadership skills and dedication to providing students with a solid education are needed to lead our institution to success. If you have creative ideas for school programs and services designed to enrich the students’ body and community, we will love to help you put them to action by hiring you as our School Administrator. We hope that you will consider this as a perfect opportunity to make a positive impact not only in the lives of our students but also possibly around the globe as our students take the knowledge and wisdom gained from your direction and step out confidently into the world. Job Responsibilities
- Review and observe current instructional methods and learning materials as needed for areas of improvement and to ensure that they meet the current federal regulatory requirements and globally acceptable standards.
- Work with instructors, governing board and other personnel to establish, promote and uphold curriculum, school mission statement, corporate culture, brand identity and performance goals and standards.
- Develop strategies for development, testing and deployment of emerging technologies to extend and enhance learning experience.
- Assist with the periodic accreditation process, which may involve reviewing and sending reports, grants and contracts to regulatory licensing authorities.
- Foster and maintain a supporting environment that promotes professionalism and ensures good trainings, teaching and learning in a fun, empathic and collaborative way.
- Provide information and objective recommendations to the Governing Board to enable it meet its obligations for securing the requisite resources that will guarantee effective teaching and excellent learning outcomes.
- Create, review and modify school budget and resources at least once a month. The job also entails looking for and securing supplemental funding opportunities and grants at local, state, federal, regional and international levels.
- Work closely with staff to increase student enrolment and retention, maintain excellent relationship with industry stakeholders to ensure job placement postings for students.
- Draft, proofread and submit all financial reports accordingly to approved deadlines.
- Work with the Governing Board to approve job postings, hire, interview and onboard new instructors and additional staff members as they join the team.
- Manage the day to day operations of the College including staff attendance, meetings with parents and work with teachers and policy makers during scheduled conferences and events to review school policies, educational activities and events, and students’ performance while offering timely information on upcoming changes to curriculum, policy adjustments, programs and the like.
- Perform other delegated tasks as may reasonably be assigned by the Governing Board.
- Master’s Degree (in education, Innovation or Management related subject, Crop Science) or BSc not below 2nd Class Upper in Crop Science or Agronomy, Livestock Science, Fisheries Science or Computer Science.
- Demonstrable competence in Microsoft Suite applications.
- Excellent planning, critical thinking and organizing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including business presentations
- Empathic, sociable, diplomatic and service oriented.
- Current professional certification in educational leadership and administration.
- At least two years of experience as a School Administrator.
- Former teaching experience.
- Knowledge of the most current educational computer software and programs.
- Familiarity with creative thinking and problem solving methodology.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts