Human Resource Metrics & Analytics Officer at Baobab Microfinance Bank
Baobab Micro Finance Bank is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015 that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Metrics & Analytics Officer
Direct Supervisor: Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource (HR) Metric and Analytics officer will collect, compile, and analyze HR data, metrics, and statistics, and apply this data to make recommendations related to recruitment, retention, and legal compliance.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors practices, and other sources.
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- May conduct or assist with conducting classification audits to ensure that jobs are properly classified as exempt or nonexempt.
- Ensures compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
- May guide and/or assist with performance, benefit, and compensation review and evaluation processes
- Present all data surveys and findings to the HR Monthly bulletin.
- Prepares reports of data results, presenting.
- Identifies and recommends reasonable short- and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics.
- Based on metrics and analysis, makes recommendations for policies and activities to improve the organizational culture including suggestions to attract and hire qualified candidates, to motivate and retain employees, to address staffing issues, and to maintain legal compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BSc / HND in related fields required.
- Some experience in graphic design and graphic design concepts (preferably photoshop, illustrator/Corel draw)
- Knowledge of cloud services
- Good understanding of the use of spreadsheets and word processing software
- At least 1 year experience in related areas such as job classification and compensation, recruitment, selection, training, employee benefits, and/or equal opportunity compliance preferred.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft office Suite and related software
- Strong Data analysis skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws involving employment, HR, and HR policies.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS, payroll, and similar employee management software.
- IT/Computer Savy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email
8th May, 2020.