Human Resources and Admin Coordinator at International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Admin Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Applcable to: Nigerian nationals only
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing strategic HR advisory services to the Country Program. Operationally, The HR Coordinator guarantees the implementation of International Medical Corps Human Resources policies and procedures in compliance with donor and legal requirements.
HR management and administration:
- Ensure the application of approved HR procedures and rules that cover both work performance and behaviors.
- Act as the guardian of the good governance of all the processes relating to the employment-experience from pre-hire to post-separation.
- Act as an expertise center for staff and managers for all matters HR and promote an HR department as a partner and a solution(s) provider.
- Update, vet, and roll out HR tools and documents and ensure compliance with national legislation, humanitarian principles, donor requirements, and IMC HR global policies and guidance.
- Ensure the administrative monitoring of disputes and represent IMC before administrative authorities and, if necessary, legal authorities
- Take part in abuse and risk prevention
- Promote learning and development and have an appreciation for the principles of andragogy.
- Act as credible, reliable, and impartial mediator in preserving a healthy and productive work environment, in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes.
Strategic HR function:
- Assert HR contribution and presence in formulating the Country Program strategy.
- Formulate a vision and a strategy for the HR function
- Actively contribute to proposal writing and HR budgeting, and organizational design.
- Keep an active regulatory watch and plan ahead for HR related risks. (reputational, legal, financial …)
Team management and capacity Building:
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the activities of the HR team.
- Use IMC learning resources and propose new and financially responsible learning solutions
- Assess capacity, plan upskilling actions, and monitor improvements.
Staff corps cohesion and inclusion:
- Study the social, cultural and ethnic specificities and the values and customs of the country of operation
- Promote team activities, peaceful conflict resolution and wellbeing initiatives.
- Champion employee assistance programs and promote mental and physical health and resilience activities.
- Be an active participant in security assessment and vigorously support the security function to communicate effectively.
- Embody the duty of care and exhibit a moral and/or legal obligation to ensure the safety or well-being of others.
Communication and outreach:
- Be the first point of contact for the regional platforms and HQ for HR matters
- Ensure due HR reporting is consistent and reliable
- Own the mandatory training initiatives
- Ensure proper archiving and HR information safeguarding as per prescribed processes
- Participate in wider HR working groups and donor meetings.
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff:
- International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported/by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements. These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Psychology, Sociology or Law. (Master's Degree an added advantage)
- Professional Certifications (CIPM, NIM, etc. an advantage)
- 8 years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 3 years as a head of HR department or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 200+ employees in multiple locations
- Broad knowledge, experience, and interest in employment law, compensation, learning, employee relations, and training and development
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- A high level of confidentiality
- Fluency in English
- Local language: added advantage
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical, financial and HRIS skills
- Must be comfortable in being a proactive member of the senior management team.
- Must be able to function effectively in a complex work environment and deal effectively with competing priorities and pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the "Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps" via the email: [email protected]
- We are an equal opportunity organization So Borno State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Position: Nigerian nationals only
5th June, 2020.