Internal Audit Officer at Transkredit
Transkredit is a CBN authorized, licensed, and regulated financial services provider with core competencies in Credit Processing, Fund Management, and Payment Systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Internal Audit Officer will be responsible for providing assurance on the efficient implementation of the company’s policies / processes and ensure compliance to the enterprise risk management, accounting and financial controls and relevant laws, regulations, and statutes.
Risk and Control Audit:
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with Statements of Auditing Standard (SAS)
- Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice
- Perform audit work, including plan preparation, work papers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting the Enterprise processes and procedures.
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls over key risks, identifying significant exposures, analyzing transactions and information, and detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness. Develops appropriate recommendations to address exposures
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations into identified or reported risks
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk
- Development and implement the annual Internal Audit plan
- Perform Internal Audit procedures including walk-throughs, preparation of narratives and business risk and control matrices; identify control gaps and weaknesses
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes
Documentation and Reporting:
- Examine documentation including reports, statements, records and memos to gather information
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to the Board through its relevant sub-committee – The Board Audit Committee
- Analyze audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs
- Identify, research and document audit issues and recommendations for improvement using independent judgement concerning areas being reviewed.
- Investigate and report to management on cases of potential fraud, waste or abuse.
- Reconcile documentation with assets to ascertain accuracy
- Participate in meetings with individuals and business units to update auditees on findings and the audit process
- Prepare reports and preserve documentation pertaining to audits for internal record
- Undertake other related roles as directed by management.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree qualification with 2 - 3 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 31st May, 2022.