Latest Vacancies at Spanish Villa Hotel
Jul 8, 2019, 12:04 PM
Spanish Villa Hotel - Welcome to the new trend in Spanish design, SV Chrome Hotel! Are you looking for European Design, European Standards or European Services in Abuja? We have it all!
This meticulously finished Boutique Hotel was conceptualized by the Designers and Architects from the Spanish ‘Impacto Grupo’ in Castellon (Spain) influenced by some of the great ground breaking designs from buildings in Barcelona and Valencia. The minimalist design – enhances the feeling of open space – high ceilings – and use of exclusive tiles and fabrics – to give a clean, contemporary look with peace and tranquility in mind; a place for the discerning traveler to re-energize the soul.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Reports To: General Manager / Resident Manager
- As a Security Chief you are responsible to protect and safeguard all hotel guests, employees, their belongings and all hotel assets
- Also ensuring that all hotel properties are adequately secured at all times.
- Responsible for preparing daily incident reports, requisitions and other inter office memos and ensure that all allegations of the crime and other incidents are investigated and properly recorded.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all security personnel.
- Ensure that all security staff provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensure the safety and security of guest, staff, visitors and contractors at all times.
- Responsible to manage all safety & security, Fire Life Safety and food hygiene risks faced by the hotel.
- Liaise with all department heads to ensure hotel employees are adhering to established security procedures.
- Record and notify all risks, deviations from hotels safety standards and any untoward incidents.
- Track departmental safety record and document medically treated and non-treated injuries.
- Oversees and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
- Oversees and guides the efforts of the Fire and Safety Committee.
- Oversees first aid program for guests and employees.
- Oversees the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
- Assign duties and schedule staff for balancing needs of the hotel and productivity standards.
- Monitor staff activity and coach subordinate performance.
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting or loitering around the hotel public or guest areas.
- Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
- Ensure compliance with all security standards and preventative measures.
- Monitor and follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
- Conduct investigations and compile reports on a timely manner for any theft, loss, accidents or any aspect that risk the safety of the hotel.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Develops and maintains a monthly checklist for all CCTV equipment, alarmed doors, and panic / duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Conduct regular mock fire evacuation drill as per the hotels emergencies standards.
- Develop and advise key personnel of emergency procedures.
- Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Establish crisis management and contingency planning.
- Conduct regular walk through rounds for observing the entire hotel.
- Supervision of all Security Personnel and giving clear direction on all security related aspects.
- Coordinate with external police authorities in the investigation and handling of crimes, accidents, Government Ministers moments etc., involving the hotel, its employees and / or guests
- Perform all tasks consistently in line with the hotel standards and adhere to all legal and statutory requirements.
- Interview, select, review and train new security officers according to hotels standards to maintain order throughout the hotel.
- Be available 24 hours a day for genuine emergencies within the property.
- Fluency in English in both written and spoken and the capability to follow safety and security rules and procedures without compromises at all times is essential.
- High School Diploma or 2 year Degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major.
- At least 5 years of experience in corporate security / law enforcement /military preferably worked in a hospitality environment.
Job Title: Security Guard
- Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills.
Job Title: Continental Cook
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Head Chef to deliver on all company measures & targets
- Follow all company operational kitchen process and procedures, achieving all required standards
- Take responsibility for delivering the highest measures of food production and presentation to customers including manning the live cooking stations if required
- Monitor food consumption to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and minimum waste
- Support the Head Chef in the introduction of new seasonal dishes
- Cascade your knowledge and expert cooking to all kitchen staff
- Suggested innovation and commercially viable ideas to improve food quality
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Perform any reasonable duties as required from time to time in order to contribute to the achievement of business aims and objectives.
- Preparation, cooking and presenting Continental dishes
- Assist with stock ordering and monitoring procedures
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene and health & safety at all times
- Participate fully in all meetings, training and forums
- Take responsibility for your own personal development
- Demonstrate excellent food preparation practices, portion control and end to end food production
- High level of enthusiasm and drive to achieve high standards
- Hard working, flexible and prepared for change
- Ambitious and driven by over exceeding customer expectations
- Open for continual development
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in Continental cooking
- Thrives under pressure in a high volume food environment
- Possess/develop a food & customer focused approach to work
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Detailed and precise working
- Solid experience in a similar style of cooking
- Excellent knowledge of relevant food and health & safety regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.