Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Job For Senior Nursing Officer at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, 25th March, 2019
Job For Senior Nursing Officer at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, 25th March, 2019
Mar 25, 2019, 3:22 PM
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. We seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan: Job Title: Senior Nursing Officer Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2019-009 Location: Ibadan, Oyo Type: National (3-year renewable contract) Duties Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Administer all immunizations
- Assess visual acquity using snellen’s chart
- Accompany very ill patient to outside hospitals
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Suture some lacerated wounds
- Enter patient’s attendance into the computer daily
- Update yellow cards to those who are travelling outside the country
- Wash, autoclave and store instruments used in nursing care
- Replenish the clinic emergency box and resuscitation trolley as need arises
- Any other duties as may be assigned or necessitated by the absence of any other member of the health team.
- Run shift duties as will be determined by roster and may be called upon during off days when the need arises.
- Carry out health education in all areas of nursing practice.
- Undertake clinical consultation when the need arises.
- Prepare drugs bills outside working hours
- Evaluate accurate vital signs
- Dress wound on routine and emergency basis
- Carryout eye lavage, ear syringing and administration of parenteral medications
- Set up intravenous infusion as the need arises
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Pediatric Nursing
- Nursing Practitioners’ Certificate.
- Diploma in Public Health Nursing
- Family Planning Certificate
- Accident & Emergency Nursing Diploma
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Theatre techniques
- Accident and emergency unit
- Outpatient department and medical wards
- Family Planning Unit/Family Health Unit
- Maternal & Child Health Unit
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary;
- Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Be able to carry out basic laboratory procedures such as rapid malaria test, urinalysis and blood sugar using a glucometer.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts