Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Building and Construction > Jobs in a Leading Construction and Architectural Firm
Jobs in a Leading Construction and Architectural Firm
Oct 29, 2019, 8:34 PM
Owens & Xley Consults - Our client, a leading Construction and Architectural firm, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below: Job Title: Civil Engineer Location: Victoria Island, Lagos Responsibilities The function of the role:
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Undertake complex calculations
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors.
- Resolving design and development problems.
- Compiling job specifications and supervising tendering procedures
- Managing budgets and project resources
- Scheduling materials and equipment purchases and deliveries
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety.
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 2-3 years of general construction, creating feasibility studies and resolving design problems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of construction
- Ability to work within deadlines and budgets.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and negotiating skills
- The ability to manage projects
- Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate with proximity on the Island would be given preference.
- Preparing and presenting design proposals
- Preparing tender and planning applications and presentations
- Advising clients on the practicality of their project
- Producing detailed drawings from which costings are made
- Negotiating with contractors and other professionals
- Attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists
- Making site visits to check on progress and quality of construction
- Making sure that the project is running within the agreed time frame
- Dealing with problems that might come up during building.
- Supervise site work
- Work closely with the Quantity Surveyor and Building Engineer to carry out tasks as required by management.
- B.Sc in Architecture
- M.Sc is a plus.
- 3-4 years experience in a similar role
- Have reasonable mathematical skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have presentation skills
- Have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problem solving
- Have time management skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software (adobe photoshop, SketchUp, 3d studio viz or similar)
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Communication and project management skills.
- Possess an analytical mind
- Ability to work well with others and influence subordinates to work
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Open to challenges
- Have strong visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Be inventive and imaginative.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts