Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Latest Jobs at Paga Limited
Latest Jobs at Paga Limited
Jan 27, 2020, 11:22 AM
Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose - to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Communication Manager Location: Yaba, Lagos Sector: Financial Services Career Level: Grade 9 Reports To: Head of Brand Strategy & Marketing Experience: Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience Department: Brand Strategy & Marketing Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Role
- We are looking for a passionate story-teller to help tell our stories to all stakeholders (team, customers, industry partners and international observers); stories that will help them understand the impact and buy into the vision by signing up, joining us and partnering with us. Do you love telling stories, writing and interacting with people? Then join our team as a Senior Communications Manager!
- As part of the Marketing team, the Senior Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and executing an end-to-end internal and external communications plans for the Paga brand, business units and products/services.
- You will have responsibility for the overall communications strategy, counsel and deliverables related to executive visibility through speaker engagements, team member communications, sales communications and external messaging and platforms, including social media. Communication vehicles and platforms will include keynotes, blogs, videos, media opportunities, internal channels and social/digital platforms. The executive internal communications plan will focus on maintaining team members and key external stakeholders engaged and informed of Paga’s priorities, achievements, business strategy (where not sensitive), recent product launches and other relevant topics.
- You will play an essential role in marketing, communications and digital projects. You will be responsible for content creation and management across all creative work, including print collateral, websites, email campaigns, television and radio advertising, and many related tasks.
- Equal parts strategy and execution excellence, this role calls for someone who can manage team/s and multiple projects simultaneously while also ensuring that every single element ladders up to larger corporate narrative and objectives. We need a storyteller willing to grow strong financial and data literacy. We need someone who can turn a number into a narrative, and someone who can thread small data points into a broad story. We need a creative thinker, strong writer, experienced collaborator and flawless executor who will bring their capabilities and energy to our growing team.
- Develop and execute internal and external communications plan aligned to strategy and objectives
- Develop executive speaking platforms including speech writing, presentation development and some event management (all hands meetings)
- Ensure communications plan and timeline are integrated with other company, business strategy and business unit initiatives
- Identifies opportunities to innovate through the use of new platforms or technologies to support the communications plan
- Provide communications support for the Business Unit Heads, particularly the Office of the CEO in Press, company and industry events
- Proactively investigate compelling story ideas across the business
- Oversee the development of communication strategies and packaging of brand campaigns across branded content, sponsorship, ad products, social media, events, and experiential
- Help define the editorial and branded vision for initiatives, focused on elevating the content and distribution potential
- Build and execute engaging and customer content plans and marketing strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification which drive customer action
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Build awareness for Paga through story-telling and creative PR programs for different customer segments.
- Write and edit press releases, award nominations, media pitches and other related communication materials
- Write dynamic copy for multiple formats of tone and voice, e.g. conversational, instructional, informative, analytical, etc. and crafting copy for a wide variety of marketing programs and deliverables, to include collateral, digital, promotions and brand marketing initiatives
- Helping to build effective strategies that translate consumer insights into meaningful, on-brand creative content solutions
- Ensuring the Paga brand voice is represented consistently across all projects, channels and platforms
- Continually evolving Paga’s overall best practices and writing processes to achieve a high level of efficiency and proficiency.
- A keen understanding of the local media landscape and social media, and an innovator in PR programs and campaigns
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- An interest in technology a must.
- Excellent digital, social, and integrated marketing experience
- A knack for presenting compellingly, confidently, and convincingly
- Desire to work well with multidisciplinary teams
- Real passion for innovation and driven to win!
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications, Creative Writing or Advertising
- 6+ years of experience with copy-writing and content creation in advertising, digital marketing, journalism or publishing
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Excellent short-form and long-form writing skills in a variety of voices and tones
- Solid grammar, editing and proof-reading capabilities
- Developing presentation and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in E-mail marketing (preferably MailChimp)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Word, with a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
- A proactive and detail-oriented client service mentality
- Comfort with brand, media, and performance analytics
- Ability to be a visual storyteller; build decks that flow and tell a clear concise story, and look beautiful
- Strong strategic writing skills – you can distill complexities to any audience.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.
Job Title: Area Sales Manager Location: Yaba, Lagos Sector: Financial Institution Career Level: Grade 9 Reports To: Regional Manager, Lagos Region Experience: Minimum of 5 - 6 years’ experience in FMCG sales Department: Sales & Distribution Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Role
- Paga is seeking to hire an Area Sales Manager, who will be responsible for delivering agent revenue growth targets, through effective development and management of a sales team in their assigned sub-region.
- The role involves hands-on supervision of a 15+ field sales persons.
- He/she will manage all aspects of running an efficient sales team: including hiring, supervising, coaching, motivating and leading direct reports. If this role sounds interesting to you, why not join our team!
- Achievement of commercial targets set for the zone - ASM has ownership for achieving the overall commercial targets set for all territories within their area. They include targets for active agent, transaction mix, transaction value, transaction volume and others as may be assigned.
- Deliver on sub-regional set targets - Analyse /break down regional targets to their FSs (data interpretation)
- Conduct regular spot check on agent activities and sharing with their FSs.
- Ensure that BDs/FSs send detailed weekly reports.
- Strategically train BDs/FSs to achieve set targets.
- Coaching/Mentoring Field Supervisors (FSs) in the assigned territory
- Train and retrain FSs under their supervision to ensure that they train agents to expected standard.
- Mentor, coach and provide immediate correction to FSs and escalating issues to RM where applicable.
- Communicate important company updates to the FSs in their zone and ensuring that the information is understood.
- Assess the activities and performance of FSs under their supervision and report to the RM where applicable.
- Conduct the company wide bi-annual EPA for FSs/BDs.
- Representing Paga in the assigned sub-region
- Ensuring agents are empowered to meet sub-regional target.
- Conduct spot check visits to agent outlets to ensure proper merchandising standards.
- Work closely with Mega Star and Super Star agents for business continuity and growth.
- Share localised ideas on what works in their sub-region with the Regional Manager and best practices across territories.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of a 2:1in Business, Sales.
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment.
- Must be able to develop and communicate competitive landscape analysis
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in sales
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
- Strong leadership
- Strong ability to motivate, influence and advice people
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Take initiative and ownership
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Good judgement and decision-making ability
- Conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Trade Marketing Manager Location: Yaba, Lagos Sector: Consumer Finance Career Level: 9 Reports To: Head, Brand Strategy & Marketing Experience: Minimum 7 years of experience working in a similar role. Department: Brand Strategy & Marketing Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Role
- The Trade Marketing Manager will lead the team to create the key elements of the trade marketing strategy for Nigeria’s largest financial services agent network.
- Responsibilities will include the design and execution of a unique, effective and efficient over-the-counter retail experience.
- Drive the development and execution of the trade marketing strategy for the Sales and Distribution unit.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders for effective merchandising, trade programs, promotions, and pricing recommendations
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Sales & Distribution (S&D) team, ensuring that the trade marketing team is aligned with their efforts.
- Responsible for ongoing trade plan optimization – scoping business opportunities to grow the Agent and in-store merchant Network.
- Leverage personal professional experience to enable the trade marketing team to deliver creative thinking for all trade programs and projects.
- Gather and curate insights to inform trade programs’ development and execution.
- Manage a yearly budget with a strong emphasis on effective spending that clearly demonstrates a return on investment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- At least seven (7) years of professional marketing or business development experience.
- At least three (3) years of team management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in FMCG sector or Experiential Marketing
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
- Must have exceptional skills in developing, planning, and executing trade marketing projects.
- Proven analytical and strategic experience to positively impact sales.
- Strong decision-making skills and an understanding of where projects fit into overall business objectives and strategy.
- Demonstrated experience leading and mentoring a staff of marketing or trade professionals.
- Ability to prioritize projects as well as manage, delegate, and assign tasks to team members.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record as a strong leader that delivers against business objectives
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Sales Training Manager (Senior Associate) Location: Yaba, Lagos Sector / Industry: Financial Institution Reporting Line: HQ Sales Services Manager Career Level: 3 - 5 years relevant experience to design and deliver educational programs for our sales teams. Department: Sales & Distribution Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Role
- A Sales Training Manager is principally responsible for conducting skills gap analyses, preparing learning material and evaluating results after each training session. For this role, he /she will work closely with our salespeople and agents to identify challenges they face on-the-job/business and recommend ways to increase work/business productivity.
- The candidate will also be required to utilize various training techniques / learning styles with educational models like classroom training, practical role plays, seminars, workshops, coaching, e-learning as well as job shadowing.
- Develop continued education/sustainable training content/methods that will help our agents grow their business and also see the quality of Paga’s partnership beyond commission.
- Help increase the overall performance of our sales teams i.e. develop and implement a training improvement plan that will assist the sales teams to deliver on their revenue targets while optimizing team performance and enhancing team morale/productivity
- Enhance the training content for existing sales staff and new hires.
- Determine the training needs of existing sales staff, managers + external stakeholders (agents, aggregators etc), analyse performance gaps and develop training initiatives to drive results and ensure they have the skills to achieve their goals.
- Keep sales staff informed and trained on any new and/or updated product, policy or process change as well as industry news, trends and developments
- Stand as a curator for all training designs, methodology and documents developed to aid the knowledge base in the agent network sales department
- Measure and evaluate the training effectiveness (long after the training event) to help set new needs assessment standards
- Maintain training records, statistics and share monthly metrics with senior managers.
- Proactively motivate, inspire, coach and provide feedback to sales staff
- Set overall sales training budgets factoring in the time, cost, efficiency and needs of all trainees.
- Ultimately, the ideal candidate will take the role of being an actor, facilitator, lecturer, teacher, organiser, coach, assistant, leader, preacher, philosopher, manager, diplomat, accountant, stimulator and specialist- as applicable to the trainee needs and learning groups (levels).
- Candidate must have the ability to develop/handle training projects, meet deadlines and work under minimal supervision. He/she must possess the ability to train and be trained; a fast learner.
- Ability to listen i.e. fully sound out training audience
- Ability to focus on a task to its completion, despite obstacles or unforeseen circumstances
- Ability to organize task and set priorities- plan and effectively allocate resources appropriately
- Ability to work well under pressure or opposition, while maintaining effectiveness and self control
- Ability to be either flexible or firm on a decision, depending on the required situation.
- Strong leadership skills i.e. ability to motivate, influence and advice people
- Excellent time-management, organization and prioritization skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously i.e. ability to multi-task
- Proficient in MS office suite - PowerPoint required
- Have good knowledge of designing e-learning materials for remote learning
- Good understanding and experience of sales force
- Ability to speak brilliantly before an audience i.e. excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to easily adapt to the needs of the sales groups
- Strong passion to help others to learn while creating an atmosphere of openness and trust
- Ability to pay attention to details and give clear/precise instruction (teaching methods)
- Ability to regularly evaluate the efficiency of sales knowledge share.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume via email to: email@example.com Email subject should be "Sales Training Manager Role at Paga.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts