Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Manufacturing / FMCG / Industrial > Nigerian Foundries Limited Job Vacancy for a Machine/Fabrication Supervisor
Nigerian Foundries Limited Job Vacancy for a Machine/Fabrication Supervisor
Oct 25, 2017, 10:15 AM
Nigerian Foundries Limited (NFL) is the leading ferrous foundry group in Sub-Sahara (excluding South Africa) with a total installed capacity of 8,500 metric tons per year. It has two plants, one in Ilupeju Lagos State and one at Sango-Otta, Ogun State. NFL started as a small grey iron foundry at Ilupeju in 1969 by the Barberopoulos brothers making municipal castings and water pipeline fittings. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Machine/Fabrication Supervisor Location: Otta, Ogun Scope
- We are setting up a special fabrication unit in our company to deal with fabricated items utilizing SSAB steel products, namely:
- Hardox wear resistant steels used in quarries, mines, cement plants and agricultural equipment.
- The position opening is for a Machine/Fabrication Supervisor who will be responsible for running the Machine/fabrication unit.
- Domex/Strenx steel used in truck bodybuilding such as trailer bodies, dump trucks.
- The Machine/Fabrication Supervisor will manage all aspects of the Fabrication Workshop and its team, ensuring that fabricated items are manufactured to the highest quality, and delivered on Site to meet installation programs and deadlines.
- Must have thorough experience in cutting, bending, drilling, welding and shaping of steels.
- A minimum of 7 years Machine/Fabrication experience of which at least 2 years in a supervisory or managerial position, in an industrial fabrication shop using Hardox and Strenx steels or equivalent making products as stipulated below.
- B.Sc/HND in Mechanical Engineering.
- Hard facing and rebuilding of wear parts: Vertical mill rollers and grinding table.
- Must know how to read and make drawings, proficient in AutoCAD and MS Office
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English is required.
- Agile, responsive and good under pressure.
- Able to handle conflict and resolve differences of opinion.
- Some Hardox products under consideration: Chutes and liners, grizzly bars , sluicing screws, hammers, excavator/pay loader buckets, earth moving equipment wear plate, wear parts for agricultural equipment, parts for dredgers, truck buckets etc.
- Domex/Strenx products under consideration: truck body chassis, overhead crane structures etc.
- Chrome Carbide overlay plate products: chutes, buckets etc.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts