Programmer / Analyst at Data & Scientific (DataSci) Limited
Data & Scientific Inc. was established in 1989 in Ontario, Canada, as an independent software vendor. With over thirty employees and offices strategically located in North America and International markets, the company provides business-to-business solutions to clients worldwide. We operate two websites: www.datasci.net and www.eagleserve.com. The datasci website covers our authentication, access management, network security, data security services and our corporate presence. The site eagleserve.com caters to our e-Commerce, hosting and payment system services customers.
The company's business solutions are state of the art, enabling us to meet the needs of large and mid-size clients in both private and public sectors from the banking, oil and gas and telecommunications industries. Some of the largest and most successful public sector application software Implementations in Nigeria were undertaken by DataSci Limited. That tradition of commitment to excellence continues. We offer superior data protection with our first-rate firewall screens that prevent all unexpected queries from reaching database engines thereby rendering execution of any attacks futile. At DataSci Limited, the customer is King.
We are recruiting personnel to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programmer / Analyst
Job Code: NTDPA0521
Employment Type: Full time
- We are seeking an intermediate level programmer /analyst to become an integral part of our software engineering team.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for creating and modifying computer application software or specialized utility programs while working as part of a team comprising business analyst, senior software engineers and project managers.
- The job interview process for this position includes a three hour hands-on programming test. Our work environment is driven by the customer is king philosophy.
- Ability to follow analysis of user needs and develop software to meet the documented requirements
- Work with project manager or business analyst to elicit requirements and needs.
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design, build and optimize code
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Pure Science from a recognized university.
- Previous experience developing desktop or fully responsive web applications and familiarity with the latest UI and UX design trends is expected.
- Preference will be given to demonstrable experience with Java programming language involving at least one completed project implemented in Java language.
- Three years post college graduation experience with secure coding using relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, or SQL Server
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience developing for the Android platform will be an asset.
- Experience gained developing medium to large size backend applications with PhP, Python or Java as part of a project team with at least two completed projects spanning two to three years.
Remuneration / Compensation
- Data Sci will provide related in-house product and services training where necessary to the successful candidates
- The compensation / remuneration will be be salary based, which will be industry competitive but based on the qualification and experience of the candidate.
- As you grow with us, and your knowledge of our suite of data security and identity management products grows, your net compensation in the following years is guaranteed to easily surpass that amount.
- Three weeks annual vacation - Four weeks for senior personnel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applicants should click on the link above and register, then login and complete the online form for the position they wish to apply for, using the job code assigned to the position.
- All applications must be submitted online
- The system will not process applications that do not meet the stated requirements.
- Thank you for your interest but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Applicants should be aware that background checks are mandatory requirements.
- For support with the website, please call: 08111113255 , 08181424142