Provost at College of Agriculture, Jalingo
College of Agriculture, Jalingo, Taraba State invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to the fill the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
- The Provost is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College and has power to exercise authority over both the Staff and Students and he is also responsible for discipline in the College, subject to the general control of the Governing Council as provided for in the College Edict.
- In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavours, and must also be credible.
Qualifications and Qualities
Candidates should possess the following minimum requirements:
- Must hold a Master's Degree, preferably a Doctorate Degree from a recognized institution in any of the Agricultural related disciplines offered in the College with a minimum of fifteen (15) years teaching experience of at least five (5) years from the College of Agriculture system.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer with a minimum of five (5) years experience on the rank from a College of Agriculture system.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the College.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain accelerated pace of the College even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethical, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- Must be morally sound, of impeccable probity, integrity and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a Government hospital.
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- A successful candidate must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of application.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial atlributes.
- Must show evidence of membership of reputable professional body(ies).
- Must produce evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as evidence of presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars or workshops.
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The Provost shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies of Applications including photocopies of their certificates to the Registrar / Secretary to the Governing Council indicating:
- Full name
- Date and place of Birth
- State of origin and Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Current Postal Address including telephone number and e-mail.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional body(ies)/Associations
- Honours and Distinctions (if any)
- Academic/Scholarly publications
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates
- Previous employment(s) and position(s) held with dates
- Present employment including status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience
- A short type written write-up of not more than 300 words of the applicant’s vision for College of Agriculture, Jalingo and Agricultural Education
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees (Employer, Education and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports directly to the Registrar, College of Agriculture, Jalingo. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Post of Provost” at the top left hand corner addressed to:
College of Agriculture,
Jalingo, Taraba State.
Note: Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview. Photocopies will not be accepted. Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence
Application Deadline 30th July, 2021.