Quantity Surveyor at UPDC Plc
UPDC is an institutional property company, founded in 1997, and listed on the NSE in 1998. UPDC has a solid track record in the acquisition, development, sale and management of a diverse mix of commercial, residential, hospitality and retail assets across Nigeria.
Our history is interwoven with the phenomenal growth of the Nigerian real estate sector. We are integral partners in the success of Nigeria, as we have contributed through our robust properties portfolio: to building world-class developments that have helped to shape the market whilst creating templates for other property development companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- Ability to measure and price construction drawings
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Predict and prepare for unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
Education/Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience and other Requirements
- B.Sc in Quantity Surveying preferable.
- 7 years' Minimum experience as a quantity surveyor.
- Experience in collecting and analysing data (including market rates on building materials)
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Strong supply chain management skills
- Proven working experience as a Quantity Surveyor, Procurement manager or Head of Procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using "Quantity Surveyor" as the subject of the mail