Registrar at University of Maiduguri
The University of Maiduguri was created in 1975 as one of the second-generation Universities, which formed part of the programmes of the Third National Development plan (1975-80) by the then Federal Military Government. At inception, the university did not have physical structures of its own, but in April 1976 it inherited the premises owned by the former North East College of Arts and Science (NECAS).
In accordance with the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions Amendment) Act 2003, the Governing Council of the University is hereby calling for applications from interested candidates with requisite qualification and experience to apply for the position below in the University of Maiduguri which will be vacant by the 5th February, 2022:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Governing Council, the Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of First Degree from a recognised University with a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification experience in administrative capacities preferably in a University.
- Candidates must be below the age of sixty (60) at the time of assumption of duty.
- Each applicant should be a member of at least one relevant recognised professional body and must be computer literate.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single tenure of five (5) years.
- Salary and other benefits shall be as approved by the Federal Government and the Governing Council of the University of Maiduguri.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 15 copies of their typed Applications, detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of Credentials. The CV should at least include these details:
- Name (surname first),
- Date and place of birth
- Current and permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended (and qualifications) with dates
- Working experience
- Present post and salary
- Names and Address of Three Referees.
The Applications should bear "Application for the post of Registrar" boldly written on top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed and sent to:
University of Maiduguri,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Aplicants are required to inform their Referees to submit a confidential report on them and send directly to the Vice-Chancellor at the address above.
- This supersedes previous advertisements.
- All inconveniences are highly regretted
Application Deadline 11th March, 2022.