Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Senior Software Engineer at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
Senior Software Engineer at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
Jan 8, 2020, 8:47 AM
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiitng to fill the position below: Job Title: Senior Software Engineer Location: Ikeja, Lagos Job Type: Full-Time Contractor
- You will play a role in all stages of the software development cycle working alongside other engineers, business analysts, software testers and DevOps engineers collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure of the software solutions.
- We’re looking for a Full Stack .Net engineer who will take a key role the software development team leading and working alongside engineers to build enterprise scale applications.
- Design - Follow established design patterns and has awareness of user experience standards. Responsible for individual components of the design.
- Application Development Cycle - Show fundamental knowledge of application development cycle.
- Communication - Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects
- Integration - Responsible for less complex components of integration within a module.
- Troubleshooting - Show the ability to resolve basic issues and offer input on issue resolution.
- Quality - Follow established coding standards. Submit code for review and deliver quality, unit test code.
- Security - Show fundamental knowledge and the ability to learn secure coding processes and writing, accessing, and following established security protocols.
- Self Development - Responsible for continuous self-study, training, partnering with more senior members of the team, and / or seeking out opportunities to broaden the scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Interactions with Others - Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with the team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Project Management - Take ownership of the success of projects. Responsible for estimating and delivering on individual task within a project.
- Software Solutions - Develop, validate and implement software solutions based on customer requirements, Enterprise architecture standards and defined project designs.
- Documentation - Create basic technical documentation.
- Frameworks: Angular, .NET Framework, SignalR, REST API, ASP MVC, NHibernate, JQuery. Any other one.
- Database: MS SQL, SQL Lite, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Unit Test Development / Test Driven Development
- Languages: C#, .NET and other Object-Oriented Programming based language like Java, Python, Ruby are also valuable.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Attention to detail; Comfortable working in a loosely structured organization.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- First Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or any related Science discipline.
- Excellent collaborative skill.
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality.
Remuneration Competitive based on experience.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply onlineApplication Deadline Not Specified.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts