Software Programmer (Intern) at Centrifuge Information Technology Limited
Centrifuge is one of Abuja's finest technology solutions warehouse and is becoming Nigeria’s most desired information technology center. Powered by more than 10 professional experts and with more than 10 years of cognate successful business achievements centrifuge has grown over 100 businesses into magnate ventures From manufacturing, production, financial, government to engineering, oil and gas Centrifuge has a unique solution for your business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Programmer (Intern)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full time
- Job titles within the IT sector tend to be loosely defined so the term ‘programmer’ is often used to refer to software developers, software engineers, computer scientists or software analysts.
- Computer programmers write step-by-step instructions that direct computers to process information in a series of logical steps. This involves establishing a detailed specification and clarifying exactly what the programme needs to do, then breaking the specification down to its simplest elements and translating this into an appropriate programming language.
- Different tasks require different programming languages, but those we demand are:
- While most programmers specialize in a few different languages, the kind of work they do depends on the employer.
- There are two distinct areas within programming:
- Applications Programming
- Systems Programming.
While applications programmers write programmes to process and manage incoming information, systems programmers deal with the internal operations of the computer such as designing diagnostic programmes to identify faults, or controlling the way a computer runs several applications simultaneously:
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop new software applications.
- Upgrade existing software as the user organization’s needs change
- Localize software products for different international markets
- Test software to ensure the code is correct, fixing ('debugging') errors where they occur, and rerunning and rechecking the programme until it produces the correct results.
- Work with trainers and technical writers to develop user support materials.
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encode project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language.
- Program the computer by entering coded information.
- Confirm program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepare reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Entry is open to graduates and preference will be given to those with relevant degrees and/or training.
- Applicant must have a good understanding of software applications with the below skill:
- Programming (HTML, C++, Java, Angular, Springboot, etc.)
- Applicant must reside in Abuja.
Relevant Degree and/or Training for Application:
- Computer Programming
- Information Technology
- Software Development
- Software Engineering.
- Computer Science
Skills and Qualities:
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent programming (java) skills.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Teamwork skills because most projects require input from individuals with different roles.
- Self-development skills to keep up-to-date with fast-changing trends.
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Working hours: Mainly 9.00 am to 5.00 pm but deadlines may require additional hours to be worked.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 23rd May, 2022.