Sous Chef at TalentPool
TalentPool is Nigeria's emerging human capital solutions company providing a wide range of human capital and business support solutions to businesses. We work with our clients to provide bespoke solutions and hiring that addresses core human capital challenges through talent search, training, background checks, payroll management and outsourcing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sous Chef
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- To be totally customer-focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To assist with the control and ownership for the management of the kitchen department within the overall policies and controls established by the company, ensuring that the brand values and standards are delivered and budgeted profitability achieved.
- To ensure at all times a high standard of cleanliness and practices is maintained, thereby ensuring all statutory legislation is met.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handle guest problems and complaints.
- To ensure that guests are always receiving an exceptional dining experience representing true value for money.
- Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safely and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- Ensure that the Department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that a consistent first-class product of the highest quality is achieved and maintained in all culinary areas, whilst adhering to operational deadlines.
- Ensure that meetings are well-planned and results-orientated.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts.
- Ensure that associate meals and associate dining services are of a consistently high standard.
- Ensure that chefs are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
Education and Training
- B.Sc Degree in Culinary Science or related certificate would be a plus
- 1+ years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Knowledge of African & continental cuisine
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- 6 working days, 6am-5pm
- Opening days, Mondays-Sundays. One off days.
- Salary: N100,000 - N200,000 / Month
- Accommodation and lunch would be provided
- Great working environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 9th October, 2023.