Training Coordinator at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Coordinator
Contract: 1-year renewable Contract
- Coordinate training programs on the YAS project across four locations in collaboration with the Agrihub staff.
- Coordinate knowledge transfer and skill development through interactive and participatory training methodologies for 10,000 youths within three (3) years.
- Manage partnerships with regional partners and support activity implementation
- Support the assessment of assigned region’s technical schools, colleges, and companies with the potential to employ youth, support surveys and data collection for studies, and help maintain the stakeholders' database.
- Responsible for on-the-ground monitoring of activities and reports to the Project Administrator.
- Design and develop training programs that address the identified needs and align with sustainable agribusiness practices.
- Develop training materials that are contextually relevant and accessible to the target beneficiaries.
- Coordinate thorough assessments to identify the training needs of beneficiaries for appropriate training interventions and knowledge dissemination.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training sessions, collecting feedback for continuous improvement
- Liaise with the Agribusiness Hub Managers to ensure that logistical requirements such as venues, transportation, and training materials are organized and managed effectively.
- Coordinate training report writing for submission to the donor.
- Oversee the intervention programs of WATEA project as the Regional Focal Point (RFP) in the States assigned and ensure regular reporting.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Agricultural Science, Agricultural Extension, Rural Development or other related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Have the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Have the ability to use basic Microsoft software (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
- Have strong multi-tasking abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Have proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply