Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Vacant Job For Rector at the Kogi State Polytechnic
Vacant Job For Rector at the Kogi State Polytechnic
Sep 12, 2018, 11:00 AM
Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja was established by the Kogi State Government under Edict NO.6 of 1994. The Polytechnic is located in the Confluence town of Lokoja, the Kogi State capital in North Central Nigeria. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Rector Location: Lokoja, Kogi The Rector
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has the power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he as also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic subject to the general control of the Governing Council
- The successful candidate must have proven management as well as leadership experience in addition to a demonstrable passion for academic endeavour.
- Must provide evidence of strong academic, administrative and visionary leadership and be effective in policy formulation. The candidate must be fair-minded and devoid of ethnic, political, religious and sectional interest.
- Must be able to attract research funds and development grants from local, national and international agencies.
- Must hold at least a Masters Degree in any of the relevant disciplines of the Engineering, Technology, Arts, Science and Social Sciences with a minimum of fifteen years teaching experience in a higher institution.
- Must be at least Chief Lecturer or equivalent in a higher institution for at least five years.
- Must be proficient in ICT
- Must enjoy good physical and mental health. Must provide evidence of academic
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and LGA
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal address, email and telephone numbers
- Educational Institutions attended and dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Membership of Professional bodies
- Evidence of scholarly publications
- Conferences attended/papers and dates
- Previous and present employment with salary grades
- Activities outside paid employment
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic
- Reference letters from three persons.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts