Author Job Description
Job Descriptions > Advertising, Arts and Media > Author
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of an Author? What are the duties and responsibilities of an Author? What does an Author do?
Job Description of an Author
An Author develops original written content for mediums such as advertisements, books, magazines, movies, and television scripts.
Author Duties and Responsibilities
Author job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Developing story elements (characters, plot, theme, dialogue, and style).
- Developing creative ideas for stories.
- Conducting research to include factual information in stories.
- Presenting drafts for editing in a timely manner.
- Editing pieces from other writers.
Author Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Author job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelors degree.
- Able to manage time efficiently.
- Creative and inquisitive nature.
- Previous experience as a writer.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Author starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Author job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of an Author may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Author Job Description