Accountant at Arion Energy Services Limited
Arion Energy Services Limited is an engineering, projects and operations services provider to the oil and gas, power and maritime industries. We are an agile and innovative company providing reliable solutions through our Adapt, Innovate and Resolve (AIR) approach to service delivery. We believe in developing exceptional teams to Adapt our services and tools to meet clients’ needs, Innovate solutions around project requirements and Resolve challenges to deliver expectations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Summarize current financial status by collating information on receivable and outgoing payments; prepare weekly expenses reports.
- Prepare and send invoices to clients and follow up till payments are made
- Carry out monthly VAT filings before deadline
- Post transactions in the company’s preferred accounting software (Quickbooks) and keep updated at all times
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Examine bank statements and reconcile them with general ledger entries
- Prepare internal staff monthly payroll and make statutory remittances as required
- Manage the company’s petty cash accounts
- Relate with various government agencies such as LIRS, FIRS, ITF and take part in company’s account audits
Education & Certification:
- Degree or HND qualification in accounting or similar finance discipline.
- Must be at the skill level in ICAN professional Examination but not qualified.
- Minimum of 1 years post NYSC relevant work experience as an Account Officer.
Competency, Skills & Key Attributes:
- Proficiency in use of Quickbooks is compulsory
- Strong numerical skills and an intermediate user of MS Excel
- Result-oriented and able to meet tight deadlines
- Team player with the ability to lead as well as work with other departments in the organisation when your input is required
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary/multinational environment
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to ask relevant questions and provide thorough explanations
- Critical thinking, coordination, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced project environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Credentials to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 11th August, 2022.