Accountant - Budget, Finance at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant - Budget, Finance
Job Identification: 1379
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Budget and Financial Control
- Participate in annual budget preparation and budget re-forecasting/reviews including dynamic forecast for the Division
- Manage the accrual process for the division and support the month-end closing activities.
- Analyze records of present and past operations, trends and costs, administrative commitments and obligations incurred in operations.
- Maintain financial PPPs for the division, ensuring compliance with GAAP requirements and MTN accounting policies.
- Oversee the preparation of divisional financial and operational performance reports to management, analyzing the operating expense reports and report on variances against budgets.
- Interpret accounting/financial information to evaluate the financial performance of divisional operations.
- Investigate and resolve OPEX issues and respond to queries from other departments regarding budget.
- Compile statistical and financial data to support budget preparation and ensure input data is provided for dynamic budget, forecast on headcount and travel preparation.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy and conformance with MTNN procedures and regulations.
- Maintain accurate record of all OPEX/CAPEX transactions on the Oracle system.
- Facilitate the maintenance of effective financial controls in the division, ensuring effective maintenance of the MTNN budgetary controls.
- First Degree / HND in any relevant discipline
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA etc.)
- Fluent in English
- 3 - 7 years’ experience which includes:
- Experience in budget forecasting, management accounting/financial reporting within a FMCG environment.
- Industry relevant experience will be an added advantage
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th September, 2022 at 11:59 PM.