Accounts and Reconciliations Officer at Coronation Merchant Bank
Coronation Merchant Bank is a Africa’s premier investment bank, providing innovative solutions to the needs of corporations, governments and other financial services organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts and Reconciliations Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Department: Centralised Operations
Reports To: Team Lead, Accounts & Reconciliations
Job Grade Level: Contract
- Perform and evaluate general reconciliation of transactions
- Ensure that processes are in place to measure and monitor operational and financial effectiveness.
- Carry out reconciliation of customer accounts to the general ledger balances. Identify irregularities and ensure prompt resolution
- Reconcile the payroll accounts to the company’s accounting systems
- Maintain a comprehensive record of all approved invoices, bills and payment supports
- Coordinate reconciliation of all bank accounts, and identify and rectify all variances and exceptions
- Carry out Vendor reconciliation/ Supplier reconciliation and address discrepancies. Put in place adequate controls to minimize discrepancies
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance / Accounting or relevant field
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in similar role
Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- The percentage of reconciliations completed on time
- The percentage of reconciliations that were auto reconciled
- Frequency of material errors and omissions on management reports
- Frequency of fraud incidences
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Accuracy and timeliness of management reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
- A comparison of actual completion to scheduled completion
- Completeness of reconciliation register
N99,000.00 - N130,000.00 per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 9th August, 2022.