Actuarial Specialist - SIIL at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Actuarial Specialist - SIIL
Job ID: 56361
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Insurance
- Supports the Executive Director: Technical in developing & pricing solutions for SIIL across the different channels, Experience investigation, Actuarial valuation, Capital & Risk management function. Supports the Business Units through clear understanding of all data and customer insights that helps in developing optimal customer solutions for SIIL.
- Engages with different stakeholders with the intention of creating buy in and pricing solutions that assists the business in optimising risks from solutions whilst reducing the customer financial risks and assisting them to meet their personal goals.
- Creates in-depth understanding of the business processes that SIIL utilize to engage and serve customers. Utilizes the resultant understanding to develop & price solutions that meet customer needs and assists the Stanbic IBTC group in meeting their life insurance business goals.
Product Development, Pricing and Implementation of solutions:
- Assists in driving new solutions for the businesses across all areas and channels:
- Embedded Risk Business
- Direct Life Business
- Advisory Business
- Develop solutions in line with the Product management framework & Future Ready standards of modularity and portability
- Pricing of the products to meet profitability and risk appetite for the business
- Preparing a new product pricing report in line with the product management framework for any new product to be launched
- Facilitates the establishment of the UFSO for the business by getting in depth understanding of customer needs through data analytics and insights from the underlying Stanbic IBTC Group and utilising the insights to drive good solutions for customers.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with other functional product areas in the groups within the UFSO for Stanbic IBTC Wealth, Bank, other subsidiaries and external partners.
- Provide strategic insight into risk business projects to ensure project effectiveness, efficiency and spend is aligned with business goals
- Updating the immediate & regulatory annuity rates on a regular basis to ensure its in line with prevailing market conditions and the business’s risk appetite
- Re-price for any improvements and changes to existing products
- Assess industry trends, market size and structure, competitor benchmarks, and reviews competitor analysis for existing solutions.
- Develops relevant metrics to manage existing business and tracks the metrics to ensure that the business that is in force is managed optimally.
- Calculates existing metrics like loss ratios, asset liability management matching, persistency and other critical metrics to assist the business to assess impact of current solutions and gives ideas on managing the solutions.
- Tracks legislative changes that impact our solutions and initiates changes to ensure that all our solutions are in line with legislative requirements.
- Research and apply critical thinking to industry trends, competitor dynamics and current/ potential future events to provide relevant business insights
- Sourcing relevant research on the life insurance solutions industry, competitors and other relevant market players for input into business cases, business planning, strategy reviews
Developing Innovative Solutions:
- Collaborate effectively with team members, Stanbic IBTC senior stakeholders and external partners facilitating development of innovative risk solutions
- Price innovative risk solutions that assists customers in meeting their day today needs and also integrate well with the broader Finance Solutions in the Bank.
Data Analysis and Process Review:
- Drive the annual pricing review for all solutions in time for the business review.
- Drives all the required experience investigations exercises to ensure that the pricing reviews align to the latest experience on the book.
- Assist in the provision of actuarial insights in the management of leads and ensure that the business offers appropriate solutions to customers.
- Reviews system changes and ensures that changes are deployed correctly on the Life Insurance systems and the corresponding bank systems.
Actuarial Valuation and Risk Management Functions:
- Supporting the SIIL Finance team with actuarial finance reporting.
- Support the Risk Management function within SIIL by producing relevant Management Information.
- Support the development and implementation of Risk Management projects and initiatives.
- Perform and review periodic actuarial valuation work covering; data, Reserves, Value of New Business (VNB) & Embedded Values (EVs).
- Drafting half-year and full year actuarial valuation reports for external statutory actuaries.
- Build and Run the Regulatory and Economic Capital (ECAP) calculations for SIIL
- Reporting and communicating actuarial analytics.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Must possess the desire and willingness to continue writing Actuarial Exams, Must possess the desire and willingness to develop insurance solutions and improve customer experience.
- 5-7 years Superior understanding of the Insurance business
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Professional Certifications in Finance related fields
- Advanced/Professional Degree or Professional Qualification in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- Strong Analytical/Numeric skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply