Business Development Officer at Meristem Securities Limited
Meristem Securities Limited is a leading capital market conglomerate that offers Wealth Management services, Stockbroking services, Registrar services, Trustee services and Investment Banking services to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Job type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Business Development / Analysis
- The firm is seeking an experienced hire to join the lease and credit team. Ideal candidates should have successful experience working in a sales role.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Enhance client and industry relationships, generate sales opportunities and tailor superior solutions.
- Educate the customer by demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the features, benefits and applications of available products and services.
- Demonstrate macro-level knowledge of credit risk policy and internal credit ratings to determine client’s creditworthiness.
- Develop and foster mutually beneficial relationships with industry contacts including dealers, brokers, insurers, and suppliers.
- Establish credibility so as to be viewed as a trusted business advisor within the client organization and industry network.
- Through direct selling, generate qualified equipment finance and leasing leads, proposing on and eventually closing required amounts of business.
- Properly and consistently recording customer and prospect data and sales efforts in all company-used databases and management systems.
- For the equipment financing relationship, act as the primary contact for customers and prospects, effectively communicating the company’s products and capabilities to the customer and the customer’s needs to the company.
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent
- At least, 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should possess an in-depth knowledge of the financial services sector and the ability to negotiate and close transactions.
Skills & Competencies:
- Negotiation Ability
- Team spirit
- IT savvy
- Ability to influence others to do what is ethically right.
- Must possess good listening skills
- Must be able to evaluate others
- Must be charismatic
- Must be fair, goal oriented, responsible and skilled
- Must be a good director of affairs both human and material
- Ability to forecast the market
- Ability to question assumptions
- Ability to proactively measure performance.
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to penetrate the market and get the best of prices for goods
- Must be an energetic person with unusual initiative
- Must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character.
- Must be ethical i.e. must follow the ideals and responsibilities of the banking industry as set out in the code of ethics guiding operations and operators in the industry.
- Must be resilient
- Sound ethics and integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th June, 2022.