Deputy Director, Finance Operations at the Nigerian Inter-Faith Action Association
Nigerian Inter-Faith Action Association (NIFAA) is a non-governmental Organization duly registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission, The organization has its headquarters in Abuja and periodically works across the 36 states of the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director, Finance Operations
Duration of contract – October 2023 to February 2025
- This position plays a vital role in the day-to-day implementation of the initiative’s work plan through designated projects and programs in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders
- Provide overall oversight for the Finance department of the organization
- Functions as lead support for the Initiatives treasury functions including relating with banks, managing assets, keeping chequebooks and petty cash
- Assist the NIFAA in contractual modifications necessary for existing business programs and develops costing strategy to provide assistance in the preparation of cost proposals
- Prepares written and verbal responses to inquiries and request for budgetary information
- Function as lead support for fiscal year-end adjustments and other related financial benchmarks
- Leads the preparation of budgets and financial planning for the initiative
- Ensure the accurate keeping of books of account for NIFAA programs including checking account equipment and supply registers and all accounting records
- Leads the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports with accompanying bank documentation and receipts
- Assist in monitoring the NIFAA budget in accordance with approved work plan activities
- Analysis, develops and monitors accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets including monitoring cash flows and requesting for fund transfer from all donors
- Prepares financial reports for staff to monitor and track obligations and expenditures in accordance with NIFAA and donors' reporting procedures.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Executive Director or board of trustees
- Level of Education – ICAN, ANAN MSc
- Significant experience, a minimum of 10 years experience in a similar role, providing leadership in Finance activities, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with an international NGO
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a local internationally funded NGO
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise: Good (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Dependability; job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable for fulfilling obligations
- Integrity; The Job requires being honest and ethical
- Adaptability and flexibility; job requires being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Attention to detail; job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude
- Duration of contract - October 2023 to February 2025.
- Remuneration - N600,000.00 per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The subject of the mail should be the titled Deputy Director, Finance Operations.
- Do a one-page application letter to the Executive Director, the Nigerian Inter-Faith Action Association
- This application must not exceed one page
- Attach the one-page application cover page to your Resume (C.V) in a PDF format.
- Only one attachment containing your application and Resume (C.V) is expected
Application Deadline 22nd September, 2023.