Director, Physical Planning & Development at Federal University Lokoja
The Federal University Lokoja (FUL) was established in February 2011 and is located in Lokoja, Kogi State, North-Central Nigeria, about 160 Kilometers from Abuja the Nation’s Capital. It is a conventional University that is striving to excel in both Academic and Research activities in order to compete favourably with other Universities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Physical Planning & Development (CONTISS 15)
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- Candidates must possess a minimum of good B.Sc. Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical / Electronic Engineering from a recognized Institution with a minimum of 2nd Class lower Division plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or evidence of exemption.
- The candidate must possess professionally recognized certificate with current practicing license and ICT compliant with a working knowledge of relevant packages.
- Candidate must be a Deputy Director or equivalent in a recognized University, Tertiary Institution or equivalent as well as has not less than nine (9) years, post-qualification experience in a university or tertiary institution or equivalent.
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and demonstrate transparency in public and private life as well as command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- Must also be receptive to new ideas and is willing to translate them into new projects in line with phased physical development plans of the University and must not be more than 60 years of age upon assumption of duty.
- In addition, the Candidate must be registered with Council for the Regulation of Engineering (COREN) or Architecture Regulation Council of Nigeria (ARCON) or Quantity Surveying Regulation Board of Nigeria (QSRBN) or Council for Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON) or Town Planners Registration Council of Nigeria (TOPREC).
Tenure and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only
- Salary and other conditions of service including privileges and entitlements shall be as approved for Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies each of Application Letter and comprehensive Personality Profile attaching copies of relevant Credential under confidential cover in a sealed envelope and indicate post applied for on the top right hand corner and addressed to:
Federal University Lokoja,
P.M.B. 1154, Lokoja,
Kogi State, Nigeria.
- Candidates are advised to request three (3) of their Referees to forward confidential report on them to the address above.
- All applications and Referees’ reports should be submitted not later than the closing date. Those who had applied based on our previous advertisement need not re-apply
Application Deadline 2nd February, 2022.